New 1060c woe

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Feb 2023 19:04 #1 by nieldm
New 1060c woe was created by nieldm
Adding to the issue addressed in my last post, which I am now 'working around', the 1060c now won't let me make any config changes when I access it over the network. It lets me log in, but if I try to make any changes it simply kicks me back to the login page. If I connect directly to the AP then I can make changes, but to say that's a p.i.t.a. is understating it somewhat. It's setup as a standalone AP; I don't have it set up for external control nor is this enabled on the router.

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything, but if I missed this being addressed previously I apologise.

What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2023 09:39 #2 by colinjmair
Replied by colinjmair on topic Re: New 1060c woe
If you want to change the config, via wireless, you need to enable the following :

System Maintenance, Management, put a tick in Allow management from WLAN.

Obviously you need to initially change this setting via an ethernet connection.

Hope this helps

Colin Mair

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2023 09:55 #3 by colinjmair
Sorry, I had looked at my own AP, a AP912C, to find the settings, having had a look at the live demo for the AP1060C, it doesn't appear to have a setting to allow management via the Wireless connection.

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2023 10:03 #4 by colinjmair
I did more digging :-) support for management via wireless LAN was added as part of firmware upgrade 1.4.7, so as long as you upgrade to that version or later, you should be abale to turn it on.

Colin

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2023 19:46 #5 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: New 1060c woe
Thanks for this. I had that checked and it was working before I did a factory reset, then forgot all about the option! Duh…

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Feb 2023 09:23 #6 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: New 1060c woe
I can report that this does not work. I wasn't as stupid as I thought and when I checked I did still have the "allow management from WLAN" box checked. It is still kicking me back to the login screen whenever I try to make a configuration change.