DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP912C - Mesh with some nodes fed via Ethernet - allowed?

• james@gremlin
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
31 May 2023 15:49 #1 by james@gremlin
I'm putting in a 5 base mesh using 912C. I've the option of connecting 3 of the bases (root and 2 of the nodes) via Ethernet. Do I need to do anything in the config to tell the 2 nodes to use Eth, or is the system clever enough to work it out?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2023 19:01 #2 by piste basher
Not familiar with the 912C but on all of the nodes I've set up the configuration includes setting them to be wired or wireless uplink - in other words, you have to tell them what they are. Out of the box all the Draytek APs I've used are configured in Access Point mode, so you need to config them anyway. You may read "just plug them in and wait for the root to discover them" - if I had done that I'd still be waiting 3 years later....

• james@gremlin
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
07 Jun 2023 14:58 #3 by james@gremlin
Found it - https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-mesh-wired-nodes - Yes they can, but as Piste Basher said they do have to be told. Also found the 912 needs its updates to perform as it should. and P.S. I find the setup clunky - some switches (like wired uplink) one has to do by logging into the individual base rather than from the root consol.

Moderators: Sami