• notoriousbig
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2023 20:31 #1 by notoriousbig
Pin to Mail Hotspot Authentication was created by notoriousbig
Hello,

I have attempted to configure Pin to Mail Hotspot authentication upon a DrayTek 2866 for Wi-Fi access via 4 x VigorAP 960c access points. The problems I have are as follows:-

Hotspot web portal profile does not work via the preview button on the router when connect via a wan connection. The page does not load. Even though preview hotspot via wan & vpn is enabled and the relevant acl is in place.

The preview does work if connected to the router from a device on the local lan, but only as far as being able to enter the email address. The send Pin radio button remains greyed out.

If I have neglected to perform additional steps, please let me know. I did however follow the relevant online draytek video exactly.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johngalt
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jun 2023 09:56 #2 by johngalt
Replied by johngalt on topic Re: Pin to Mail Hotspot Authentication
Hi,

1. Preview only works from LAN due to the URL is actually router's LAN IP, so preview from WAN isn't possible.
2. The "Preview" is simply for preview the layout. To test function, suggest to actually connect your device to WiFi and test the real hotspot page. Minor tip: after passing hotspot auth and wish to test hotspot with the same device again, simple disable/enable the hotspot page.

hope above helps!

• notoriousbig
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jun 2023 17:09 #3 by notoriousbig
Replied by notoriousbig on topic Re: Pin to Mail Hotspot Authentication
Sorry for the late response. I will try when next onsite and report back.