Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Remove Ubiquity AP from a 2860

• dng78hd
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2023 19:31 #1 by dng78hd
Remove Ubiquity AP from a 2860 was created by dng78hd
Hi all.

I bought a house that came with basic smarthome features which includes a 2860 router and a Ubiquity UAP-AC-Pro (no longer supported). More often than I'd like I have to reboot due to one or the other stopping broadcasting so to troubleshoot I'd like to remove the UAP, but that is proving to be harder than I thought it would be.

If I unplug the UAP then I get no WiFi, I thought if I rebooted the 2860 it would then broadcast its own SSID, I'd be able to reconnect and done, but it's not doing and just can't seem to figure out how to get it to?

Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2023 09:22 #2 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Re: Remove Ubiquity AP from a 2860
At the risk of asking a very obvious question - it is a model equipped with wireless ? (i.e. 2860n, 2860ac, 2860Lac ? & not just a bare '2860' - the presense of aerials ought to be a good giveaway though!)

Otherwise just log into it and reset up the wireless options which are presumably turned off.

• dng78hd
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2023 11:04 #3 by dng78hd
Replied by dng78hd on topic Re: Remove Ubiquity AP from a 2860

ianfretwell wrote:
At the risk of asking a very obvious question - it is a model equipped with wireless ? (i.e. 2860n, 2860ac, 2860Lac ? & not just a bare '2860' - the presense of aerials ought to be a good giveaway though!)

Otherwise just log into it and reset up the wireless options which are presumably turned off.

I guess I should have done more googling before asking lol, although the Virgin router which my broadband comes through (currently in modem mode) also doesn't have a visible aerial which it's what's thrown me a little.

Thanks for the reply :)