DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)

• teessidechris78
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2019 19:25 #7 by teessidechris78
Replied by teessidechris78 on topic Re: Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)
Just a bit of an update really.

Phoned BT again after the last agent had just ordered me a modem and it was suggested that before they could look into the issue further but I needed to plug the HH6 in in order to run some tests.

So plugged the old HH6 in and instantly was back up to full speed when I plug the laptop directly into the HH6, plugged the laptop into another modem that was connected to the HH6, and again got full speeds, plugged the gaming modem into the HH6 and ended up with the speeds of 35d/17u, strangely its only affecting the download speed and not the upload speed.

I'm guessing it always was at full speed, just the gaming modem I was using was causing the speed issue, not got the Vigor 130 in just yet, going to keep the HH6 in until I've got the line stable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2019 23:44 #8 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)
In my opinion the 130 is rubbish. Mine has been on several lines and it trashed them all! it's now back in the box and an alternative modem is in place.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jun 2019 17:53 #9 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)

clivers wrote:
In my opinion the 130 is rubbish. Mine has been on several lines and it trashed them all! it's now back in the box and an alternative modem is in place.

So what is your replacement?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
06 Dec 2019 14:13 #10 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)

clivers wrote:

I'll take the hated 130 off your hands....

More
06 Dec 2019 18:07 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Slow speeds on BT (Vigor 130)
Since this thread has been resurrected I'll post an addendum to my post above - since the last time the line was reset I have noticed that the DLM system now appears to be active. Occasionally I see a drop in speed, for reasons I know not, but over the next few days/weeks the speed is upped again. This didn't happen before - once down it stayed down. The 130 appears to be very stable on my line. Pity the same can't be said of the 2926, which reboots itself for no apparent reason every couple of days. (yes, I have been through the Draytek "checklist" - nothing on that made any difference)