Having issues updating firmware on a Vigor130

• irishbiker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Apr 2020 10:23 #1 by irishbiker
Hi Guys

Wonder if you could help. I have two vigor 130 modems. While in lockdown I am currently working on getting OpnSense on Sky Fibre working.

Modem 1 It has the default username/password and I am able to get into the menu and change the settings to bridge mode but I am unable to get an IP on the WAN side of my box.

Modem 2 its Brand new unit however when I attempt to login with the usual combos (admin:admin, admin:none, none:admin and draytek:1234) the unit will not allow me to login.

Using Drayteks firmware upgrade program (FrmUpg_V3.6.10.exe) I put modem 2 into tftp mode and I am able to flash the latest BT firmware, .rst version to wipe all settings. This completes without an issue, however I am still unable to login. Modem 1, the modem which I am able to login will not allow me to flash the firmware. It just times out.

Am I using the right program to flash the firmware via tftp? If I am why does it not work modem 1 and why won't the username/password reset to default on modem 2?

Thanks Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2020 15:16 #2 by admin
you shouldn'#t need to use the upgrade tool or TFPT... just do it from the web interface, but why are you upgrading it anyway?

Forum Administrator

• irishbiker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Apr 2020 07:44 #3 by irishbiker
Replied by irishbiker on topic Re: Having issues updating firmware on a Vigor130

admin wrote:
you shouldn'#t need to use the upgrade tool or TFPT... just do it from the web interface, but why are you upgrading it anyway?

I want to rule out modem 1 if its got a hardware fault and I cannot log into modem 2 even after a factory reset.

More
13 Apr 2020 08:26 #4 by admin
The default IP address of the modem I think is 192.168.2.1 so you need your PC to be in the same subnet.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-setup

Forum Administrator

• irishbiker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Apr 2020 09:57 #5 by irishbiker
Replied by irishbiker on topic Re: Having issues updating firmware on a Vigor130
Yes, as I previously reported Modem 1 I can login into, Modem 2 the usual username and password combo's will not work that is why I am attempting a tftp firmware flash to reset it back to factory default.....

• 丨>®@yt3丨<
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
14 Apr 2020 10:55 #6 by 丨>®@yt3丨<
Replied by 丨>®@yt3丨< on topic Re: Having issues updating firmware on a Vigor130
I think you are missing the point here. I presumed that both modems are fully working. Is your router that is connected to the modem compatible with Sky? I think most of them must support DHCP options (e.g. 61). This is not configurable on the modem such as 130s. It must be set on your router or a PC if that's the authentication device used for your Sky broadband.