• User
  • User
More
24 Apr 2021 09:23 #7 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Modem codes for 2762
I understand perfectly well.

If you're using a VDSL line, MDM firmware
may brings out better performance.

The MDM versions, as stated in the notes, are better and intended for VDSL connections.

First thing to do is establish what type of cabinet you are connected to , that can be done by looking at the output of :

"vdsl status" in the web console.

If it says DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR "BCM" od "BDCM" you are on a Hauwei cabinet and will need to stick with the offical BT firmware.

If you see DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR " IFTN" then you are on an ECI cabinet and may well do better using one of the alternative firmware offerings, try each to see which works best for your line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2021 09:35 #8 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Modem codes for 2762

The MDM versions, as stated in the notes, are better and intended for VDSL connections.

First thing to do is establish what type of cabinet you are connected to , that can be done by looking at the output of :

If it says DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR "BCM" od "BDCM" you are on a Hauwei cabinet and will need to stick with the offical BT firmware.

And then what?

You really have no idea what you're talking about but continue posting here.

I suppose it is a forum, but please leave responding to *my* query to someone who knows what they're talking about.

More
24 Apr 2021 09:37 #9 by edinburgh

Piste Basher wrote:
I don't know about modem codes but presumably you are aware of this :-

"Customer and service tag are used for different network environments. Customer tag is required for most ISPs while Service tag is required when ISP needs QinQ packets."

Does your ISP require QinQ packets (whatever they are) ?

How's that even relevant to my question?

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
24 Apr 2021 10:34 #10 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Modem codes for 2762

edinburgh wrote:

And then what?

You really have no idea what you're talking about but continue posting here.

I suppose it is a forum, but please leave responding to *my* query to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Fine, good luck with your quest.

Your extreme ignorance and rudeness are noted. You are the one that has a problem that you fail to understand.

More
24 Apr 2021 11:57 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Modem codes for 2762
It's relevant to your question because the image you posted shows that you have the VLAN tag in the "Service" Box.

But if you want "someone who knows what they are talking about" perhaps you should ask Draytek?

More
24 Apr 2021 12:01 #12 by edinburgh

Fine, good luck with your quest.

Your extreme ignorance and rudeness are noted. You are the one that has a problem that you fail to understand.

No worries. And you're the one that thinks that has a solution but, in fact, doesn't because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Here's a link to different modem codes for the 2860 router. As you can clearly see there are separate modem codes (within each firmware type) depending on whether you're on VDSL or ADSL (and whether or not you want your firmware to support Vectoring and G.INP). That's because the 2860 is an ADSL/VDSL router, just like the 2762. If there was no difference between these modem codes, there wouldn't be two per firmware. So, while both work on the VDSL line, I've noticed a difference in the way my router holds onto the connection which isn't great because of local interreference (on-going fault). So, the question was simple: is 776d07 or 774307 for VDSL on the 2762? Or, with my current MDM3 firmware, which is for VDSL: 77C817 or 77C717?

But what you're talking about instead is what chipset DSLAM has. I know what chipset my DSLAM has and is not the same that my router does, but there is nothing I can do about that (at the moment) - it's not like changing the modem code in my router is going to change its chipset from Lantiq (Infineon) to Broadcom, you know.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arzk00uH22yj1wN55mfoLT8ZtPCv?e=B7t1NQ