DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn VOIP - Call Temrinated but does not hangup

• felicitous
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 00:10 #7 by felicitous
Replied by felicitous on topic Comments on Draytek suggestions
Whilst this workaround may help I cant see its a solution.

This is mainly because whilst it may fix my call termination problem, the busy (engaged) tone will no be incorrect. Whilst this is less of a concern I would like the 2820 behave like a std UK line.

I think we should have the full set of management tones as outlined in international standards not just the three that the 2820 has.

Also have a concern that the period of silence after the tone will not be duplicated. Not sure which is most important to terminate a call so I am off to try the solution.

Will post my experiences once done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• felicitous
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 00:33 #8 by felicitous
Replied by felicitous on topic Findings
That was easy :o) and partially successful.

1. Changing the busy tone sort of works. However as I suspected the tone is continuous rather than a continuous tone for a few seconds followed by silence. So we still dont have a standard response.

2. The true busy tone (Engaged tone) is now wrong. The difficulty here is when using these tones to recognise whats wrong it makes a difference.

Busy Continuous could equal
a. Handset replaced
b. Truely an unobtainable number.

So it will be difficult to determine if the number rung was misdialled (unobtainable) or engaged call back later.

Am grateful for supports workaround but it still leaves it not behaving as it should for a UK phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.