DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN function of IPPBX 2820

More
25 Mar 2010 22:53 #37 by admin
Replied by admin on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
Did you email them the program?

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2010 23:32 #38 by doubledutch
Replied by doubledutch on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
No, it would scan OUR site. I could have emailed them a program that did the same to a different site - but they didn't ask.

They seemed to know about the problem anyhow, the tech said something about a particular setting being reduced in the ippbx and under normal conditions it wouldn't be a problem. Sounded a little strange, but fair enough really. The tech line I called was the ippbx help line.

More
26 Mar 2010 22:16 #39 by admin
Replied by admin on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
Okay...as an aside, you would be quite unlikely/unwise to host a public web site (or any public service) behind an IPPBX router...unless you had a second WAN connection of course (but I'd just separate it altogether).

Forum Administrator

More
27 Mar 2010 09:42 #40 by doubledutch
Replied by doubledutch on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
It wasn't behind the router. It was hosted on the Internet.

More
18 Jan 2011 16:56 #41 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
2 questions relating to this thread.

Is the PSTN/FXO port now fully integrated into the PBX and usable as a PSTN Gateway? The website indicates this has now been done, but would like independent confirmation.

Is the 2820IPPBX now a usable product?

I've read through some of the early criticisms and typically the product seems to have been released 'unfinished'. I have to say that this does seem typical for IT products these days, but in my experience particularly where VOIP is concerned. Anyway, hoping to hear that the problems are now largely fixed.

More
18 Jan 2011 17:00 #42 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic PSTN function of IPPBX 2820
Oops, forgot to ask. If the FXO port is now usable as a PSTN Gateway, does it work well?

I have been using a Linksys SPA3102 for this function with another PBX and although it works it does have the reputation for causing echo and I find it does some strange things to the audio so it would be good to know that the 2820 IPPBX doesn't exhibit this problem.