Where is the new IPPBX firmware?

• boardsurfer-1
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Jun 2010 08:17 #1 by boardsurfer-1
Where is the new IPPBX firmware? was created by boardsurfer-1
Hi does anyone have any information regarding when the new firmware is going to be available as I am really getting sick of this pbx unit causing me issues all the time.

The worst thing now is voicemail has stopped working, if you leave a message thee is no alert, no email and if you dial into the unit and access the voicemail it says you have no messages even after I leave a test one!!!!

I am on the latest firmware which was meant to resolve these issues but still getting them and this is my second hardware unit after the first was faulty.

I spoke to someone three weeks ago who said the firmware would be released the following week and yet we are now three weeks since that call and nothing.

I am seriously considering some form of action to recover the costs from the amount of business it looks like I could have been losing since using this system. If its not the voicemail causing issues then its random reboots (to factory reset as well rather than just rebooting), calls being dropped or not routed correctly, its just a mess.

Believe me this product has really damaged Drayteks reputation in my eyes and I am really reconsidering even using any new products of theirs ever again.

Just some information or acknowledgement from someone at Draytek on these forums would be usefull but it seems like no one even looks at them.

Anyway sorry for the long rant if anyone has any information on the new firmware could they please post it on here to keep us up to date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• compvpn
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Jun 2010 11:41 #2 by compvpn
Replied by compvpn on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
I feel for your frustrations. The idea of a forum you would have thought would be that tech support would be very pro active in answering the queries even with a degree of honesty for once. That way we can all share and learn. However there appears to be no official input from Draytek into this forum.

Firmware update? I think you stand a better chance of seeing snow in the summer!.....

Regards

Dying in despair!.............

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jun 2010 13:59 #3 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Hi boardsurfer-1

The latest firmware for the 2820ippbx, 3.55 is currently in (Release Candidate 3) Beta trial. As soon as DrayTek have worked out the bugs and new features they are working on for this version I guess all we can do is be patient.

For the time being here is a list of what is currently being worked on.

[START OF FILE]

[New Feature]
For IPPBX part
1. Support simultaneous 4-ISDN calls from two ISDN-TE ports.
2. Support call pickup function. For specific extension pickup or group pickup.
3. Support Call barring with wildcard (? character) match; the rule set can apply to all, extension or group.
4. Support Call forward to external number via SIP Trunk.
5. Support hunt group overflow handling.
6. Support choice of CLI for outgoing call.
7. Support FXO function. (Note, connect VigorIPPBX to LAN using shielded ethernet cable to avoid feedback noise on analogue port)
8. Support Digitmap backup route function.
9. Support Digitmap wildcard (? character) match function. (can use this feature to setup default sip trunk)
10. Support CDR export function.
11. Support extension/sip trunk setting backup function.
12. Support echo cancellation on ISDN
13. Add telnet command to assign SIP Trunk CODEC priority, please see note for the usage.

For Data part
1. Support USB Disk related applications.
2. Support IPSEC AES mode
3. Support mOTP for VPN remote dial-in user.
4. Support NAT address mapping function.
5. Support NAT Port Trigger function.

[Improvement & Corrections]
1. Support backup config data mechanism to prevent setting became factory default after reboot.
2. Add No registration call option into sip trunk WUI setting.
3. Support smtp port setting for voice mail function.
4. Support off net call transfer.
5. An extension without build session can not dial to park server directly.
6. Für Elise Music on hold replaced with a beep tone that repeats every 5 seconds.
7. Fixed assign ISDN/PSTN trunk line number need reboot router issue.
8. Fixed CDR did not record dial-out number(only trunk number) via Digitmap calls to ISDN network.
9. Improved PSTN seize line can not drop issue.
10. Fixed router will reboot when syslog write to a full USB disk.
11. Fixed access rule not work for USB based samba application.
12. Correct some IPPBX telnet commands not work well issue.
13. Fixed BLF function cannot work correctly in certain special cases.

[Known Issue]
1. SIP trunk and extension config backup not compatible with IE6.0, please use firefox to test.
2. The side effect of Improvement #5 cause ISDN S0 can not do call park operation, will be fixed soon.
3. This version exist minor buffer leakage issue, will fixed in next version.
4. Incorrectly added "apply to" field in call barring "block anonymous" and "Block Unknown Domain" web page; it will be removed in next version.
5. FXO - If shielded Ethernet cable is not used then 50hz hum can sometimes be heard by VigorPhone 350 user when making outgoing calls via FXO port.
6. FXO DTMF generation on outgoing calls has latency and slight echo to user.
7. Voicemail messages left by callers who call in via FXO port are too long. The voicemail does not detect that the user has hung up and keeps recording until timeout.
8. "Default" button in 3G PPP Setup does not factory reset 3G menu. Will be fixed in next RC.
9. When 4-ISDN calls enable, it may cause PSTN did not have DSP channel to work.
10. Vigor ATA24 must use version after v2154, otherwise it may occur continuous call transfer cause IPPBX reboot issue.
11. PSTN trunk line cannot disconnect correctly if dialing a inexistent extension number.

[Notes]
1. For new telnet command, you can use the following command to setup CODEC priority
> ippbx lineSetting sip 1 -C 8,0,18 // this will set into SIP Trunk 1, with CODEC 711A > 711U > 729

[END OF FILE]

More
26 Jun 2010 23:56 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?

Compvpn wrote: However there appears to be no official input from Draytek into this forum.

Yes; just as it says in the forum description - it's a USER forum. If you want formal support, you can contact the support dept. directly and get an answer.

Compvpn wrote: answering the queries even with a degree of honesty for once.

When was it that they were dishonest?

Forum Administrator

• boardsurfer-1
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Jun 2010 13:01 #5 by boardsurfer-1
Replied by boardsurfer-1 on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Thanks asimm.it for your reply on the firmware. My frustration though is that talking to someone at Draytek said it was going to be released a week after my call to then be waiting three weeks and still nothing is appauling especially after they took my details to keep me informed.

I dont agree that a user forum should only be for users, all other companys I have dealt with or even worked at always monitored the forums and provided responses and gave any support information when required as it is just good customer service. A user forum is one of the best places to get further ideas and know how your products are being used and how to improve them. From the comment about this being only for users then why have a wishlist section if no one from Draytek monitor this forum?

I dont have the time to sit on the phone continuoulsy asking the same question every week and Im sure the support team dont want everyone calling in asking questions about firmware releases continuously when a web update or forum update would be easier and faster.

Overall my opinion of Drayteks customer service is what I have a issue with more than anything else. If you have a huge amount of users that are unhappy with a product then it makes sense to keep those users up to date with changes or updates rather than going silent on them. Especially when that product is going to be used to run your business.

Anyway I look forward to the new firmware and really hope they get everything sorted this time.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jun 2010 13:46 #6 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Hi boardsurfer,

Yes I completely empathise with you. I am currently trialing the beta firmware, so far so good but only 3 days into the trial.

I think that SEG are firefighting a huge issue made by DrayTek Corp in Taiwan and to be fair to them they have no control over when the firmware will be released. I think that DrayTek Corp are working to make sure that the next release works the way that it should have originally and I think that they are being extra cautious not to make another big mistake by releasing the next release too soon.

It would be good if everyone could be kept informed and I guess that this forum would be an ideal place to do it, I'm not making excuses for anyone here but if you put into perspective the huge reflux in disgruntled customers due to the IPPBX2820 firmware issues and the resources of SEG who are the UK support arm for DrayTek Corp mixed in with the time zone difference of Taiwan to the UK, it always was going to be a huge uphill struggle to rectify these issues.

As a partner of DrayTek I am disappointed but as a small business owner I can see that SEG are sat in the middle and receiving all the flak for something they dont have the proper resources to deal with.

If anything we all should be firing the abuse directly to DrayTek Corp (www.draytek.com) after all SEG/DrayTek UK (www.draytek.co.uk) are just the man in the middle.