DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Where is the new IPPBX firmware?

• compvpn
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Jun 2010 17:50 #7 by compvpn
Replied by compvpn on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?

Yes; just as it says in the forum description - it's a USER forum. If you want formal support, you can contact the support dept. directly and get an answer.

Indeed but it's the only forum in existence with an official link to it but no official input. Perhaps someone somewhere needs to understand what a user forum is. After all most other forums post answers to common questions for all to peruse..... Honesty!
In fact they are so many issues that you one was hoping for official answers for many of them on this forum.... Like there is no FXO support onboard or via spa or Grandstream period. Voicemail does not work through webmail servers etc..... Only port 25!... Need more? I had to reinstate my asterisk server in the end.... Thanks anyway for the update.... Alas may be too late for me .... lesson learnt BIG TIME!

Comp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boardsurfer-1
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
28 Jun 2010 09:45 #8 by boardsurfer-1
Replied by boardsurfer-1 on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Out of curiosity how did you get hold of the beta firmware? I would love to even give that a go.

I understand that beta firmware canbe buggy etc and have unknown issues but to be honest I would rather try it than carry on with the current system?

Is it something only available to partners as on my last discussion with support I was never offered the chance to try it?

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jun 2010 12:16 #9 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
hi boardsurfer,

I am not entirely sure. I would imagine that it would be advantageous for as many people as possible to trial the beta firmware and whilst I did receive the request through the partner channel I can see no valid reason why it would not be possible for you to trial the firmware and report your findings providing that you have an understanding of the products usage.

I would phone support and ask them if it would be possible for you to trial the beta firmware and see what they say as they may have a similar viewpoint

The IPPBX support line is advertised in a Sticky at the top of this forum index

• boardsurfer-1
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
01 Jul 2010 16:16 #10 by boardsurfer-1
Replied by boardsurfer-1 on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Would just like to say a big thank you to ASIMM IT, you were extremly helpfull and I am now usig the updated firmware and so far so good. The things I expected to work when I first purchased the product are working brilliantly.

I wouldnt say Draytek have actually done themselves any favours though as I would have thought making the beta availalable to as many disgruntled users as possible would have been a good idea on the basis the users understand what Beta means?

Anyway I have read a few posts that ASIMM IT have been involved in and have always found your advice very good so again my thanks. Heres to hoping that I soon will be able to get myself on the partner program with Draytek (current spend is too low currently so they wont accept me but have a few new installs coming up)
As a new business this phone system issue really was causing me many problems and business loss but hopefully now that is all behind me :D

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jul 2010 16:26 #11 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
hi boardsurfer,

No worries, glad I could be of assistance.

Be sure to report any finding you have on the beta firmware and try not to take some comments on this forum to heart!

If I can be of any assistance to you whilst your building up to becoming a partner please let me know.

We might be able to even provide a discount on your draytek purchases for you (saves you paying the retail price).

Be sure to use the .rst file when flashing your firmware as there have been some amendments to the web administration which were not present on the previous firmware.

More
03 Aug 2010 16:46 #12 by ittel123
Replied by ittel123 on topic Where is the new IPPBX firmware?
Hi Lee,

Thanks for posting that info here.

Good to see Draytek are still working on new firmware.