Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware

• brainier
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2010 13:09 #1 by brainier
Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware was created by brainier
The latest firmware is on the draytek.com website and has some odd instructions for uprading the firmware. Its very different from how the phones used to be upgraded and now uses TFTP just like the old routers used to.

Has anyone been successful in upgrading their phones? I tried it with the phones IP address, fixed address on the computer, no firewall, using Win7 and WinXP, running the upgrade software as the administrator. Nothing works and the device remains at firmware version 04.

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2010 22:34 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
Does it get as far as sending? I've seen the TFTP upgrade fail when using certain combinations of switches etc, have you tried it with the phone connected directly to a PC or the PBX?

• gould
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
26 Aug 2010 13:09 #3 by gould
Replied by gould on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
yes, upgraded o.k. eventually.
The instructions i had said plug the computer into the pc port of the phone.
This is incorrect, you have to plug into the lan port and use a switch or cross over cable to your pc running the firmware util.

More
26 Aug 2010 16:36 #4 by letic
Replied by letic on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
Yep it's either that or unplug the LAN cable and plug your PC to the PC port with a regular cable.

• brainier
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Sep 2010 15:21 #5 by brainier
Replied by brainier on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
Thanks for all the tips. In the end I used the "C" firmware now on the .co.uk site and upgraded the firmware by disconnecting the phone-PC Ethernet cable and connecting to 192.168.1.2 (fixed IP address during upgrades - not useful when upgrading more than one phone at a time!!!) via the wireless card on my PC.

More
01 Sep 2010 19:47 #6 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
It can be useful if you've got them all set up in the same place, just let it send the firmware to one device then it goes onto that waiting bar, cancel the waiting and plug it into the next phone then send to that. Keep in mind that they all need to stay powered on since it takes a few minutes for each phone to reflash itself so would only work with the PSU rather than PoE but a good way of reflashing them quickly.