DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware

More
02 Sep 2010 18:30 #7 by timtitch
Replied by timtitch on topic upgrade nightmare
This is crazy

Thanks for the tips re upgrading, once I plugged in to the lan port all was well. (well apart from needing a power supply as I was using POE).

I also realise my settings are lost this way. I saved them but it gave no path - just a filename. Couldn't find it on my drive anywhere so unable to restore. why can't it save the settings, update the firmware and then restore in 1 go?

why can't these guys follow the apple route - you plug in in and it works, why do you have to use different upgrade paths for different versions! I now have to go round each phone and do this charade all over again, and again and again....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2010 19:48 #8 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
If it just gave the filename, if I remember correctly, it gives a backup button or link just below that to actually back up the config, that first one just prepares / names it. Unless you actually saved the cfg to your computer then it's gone.

More
03 Sep 2010 07:21 #9 by timtitch
Replied by timtitch on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware
Hi

Thanks, you click the backup button then it brings up a link which when you click then downloads the file. why the 2 clicks? the other draytel routers etc its a 1 click, simple and easy.

• brainier
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Sep 2010 22:31 #10 by brainier
Replied by brainier on topic Upgrading 350 IP Phone to 05 firmware

Voodle wrote: so would only work with the PSU rather than PoE but a good way of reflashing them quickly.

You can flash them with PoE, just unplug the Ethernet cable in the wall/at the switch, hold down the two keys on the phone and plug the ethernet cable back in again - flashes fine without needing the PSU.