DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn SIP passthrough

More
19 Jan 2011 07:24 #7 by wilsonallen01
Replied by wilsonallen01 on topic Nice one..
Hey this is a nice post..I really liked it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnsc
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2011 15:45 #8 by johnsc
Replied by johnsc on topic 2820vn SIP passthrough
The only way I could set up Gigaset IP865 base station (latest firmware) on 2820Vn was to revert router to 3.3.3_232201 June22 Firmware. Using 3.3.4.1 causes loss of the "keep open" function on SIP server and then incoming calls fail to reach Gigaset client.

My settings:
Client set up to use proxy on port 4988 to move away from 5060 used by Router's own VOIP.

Bind IP to MAC on Gigaset, then Port Redirect** 5060 public to 4988 Lan to avoid issues with router VOIP settings for the Proxy/ server and registrar SIP port which is normally 5060 ( also changed Router's own VOIP ports to 9999 away from 5060 series.

Then I set Open Ports as follows
1 TCP/UPD 4988 [SIp registration for Draytel on Gigaset]
2 TCP/UPD 5065 [Nat Port on Gigaset for Draytel]
3 UPD 4060 [Lisetning port SIP] :Random NO
4 UPD 46004 -46012 [Listening port RTP]

With the exception of public 5060 the above are also in the Gigaset settings. I also have a second Gigaset 865 base station on the same LAN and this also stays registered on second Draytel account. The second unit has different port number/ ranges for SIP proxy port (5064 this time) and different ports for 1,3 and 4 as above.

I have also set QOS.

** the redirect may not be required as all seems to be working without it> still renumber ports though.

I have struggled with all of this for many days due mostly to bugs introduced by the Draytek ver 3.4.4.1 issues but now it again works well even with 2 SIP lines in use on one Gigaset and the landline, plus a new second Gigaset base in use on a third SIP account for a business line.

To celebrate the outcome, read "normal operations", I the added Acrobits Groundwire softphone to an iphone4 on one of the same accounts as used on Gigaset and it ring in parallel with Gigaset over 3G, 2G or wifi and also places outgoing in all modes.

30hrs uptime and no registration issues so far! Will update later

Now I feel connected until the next Draytel upgrades!

Hope this helps

• johnsc
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2011 16:57 #9 by johnsc
:D :D :D

Just to update at 170hrs and all 3 SIP registrations are stable with no registration issues and all incoming calls ok.

• johnsc
  • User
  • User
More
14 Feb 2011 11:22 #10 by johnsc
Update: Now 21 days with 100% uptime of Gigaset IP phones on Draytel server so I felt confident enough to also go to 3.3.5.1 firmware yesterday. So far The router seems very stable and VOIP continues without issue.

More
22 Feb 2011 11:53 #11 by hectyre
Replied by hectyre on topic 2820vn SIP passthrough
My SIP registrations work fine but I still cant get caller id to appear on my POTS line phone when a SIP call comes in.