Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820 & 3510 IPPBX and Caller ID (CLID) on POTS

• mabparkes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2011 16:39 #1 by mabparkes
I understand from Draytek support that 'Caller ID' CLID does not work on either the 2820 or 3510 for incoming POTS calls. Apparently, that there is no timeline for a fix at the moment either.

So if you need CLID on incoming POTS calls (like me) your stuffed until further notice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2011 23:13 #2 by asimm.it
Super!!!

How complicated can this really be, its already supported for ISDN and SIP calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
09 May 2011 10:07 #3 by phoenix10h
Is this still a problem. I ask because I e-mailed pre-sales about support in this scenario and got the following response:

Q: For the Vigor 3510 system, the FXO4P module (analogue POTS) – does this support incoming caller ID – i.e. will the number of incoming calls display on the screen of the VigorPhone 350?
A: Yes, Caller ID is supported and passed on.

Is this incorrect?

More
09 May 2011 11:00 #4 by admin

asimm.it wrote: How complicated can this really be, its already supported for ISDN and SIP calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot more complicated; both SIP and ISDN use out of band signalling so the data is easy to pick out with the other call data; you don't need a DSP to continuously monitor the POTS line.

Forum Administrator

• mabparkes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 May 2011 15:35 #5 by mabparkes
I think you will find that Caller ID info is only signalled when the phone starts to ring. So I think a DSP is only necessary when you have an active call in progress.

Mike

More
01 Jun 2011 09:50 #6 by admin
No, in the UK, Caller Id is sent before ring, which means the line has to be continuously monitored and a DSP continuously available.

Forum Administrator