DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.5.5.1 Yet more problems

More
22 Feb 2011 19:53 #1 by haywardi
3.5.5.1 Yet more problems was created by haywardi
Hi

Thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing the same problems as me since I upgraded the 2820IPPBX to 3.5.5.1.

Firstly FREQUENT CRASHES. Sometimes it crashes and reboots and sometimes it crashes without you knowing and just hangs. if you're lucky a customer might find a way of contacting you and complain that they can't get through.

secondly hunt groups not transferring to voicemail.

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
23 Feb 2011 00:22 #2 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Hi haywardi,

we're currently having a few problems with a new installation on the latest firmware too.

Sometimes incoming calls get routed and the phones ring, sometimes the dialled uses just gets a dead tone, sometimes the hunt group only dials one phone even though its set to ring simultaneously and sometimes the caller gets a ringing tone but the calls don't get put through.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Not checked to see if its due to crashes yet as we're not onsite, but it's just a simple 2 phone setup.

More
23 Feb 2011 07:00 #3 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Sound like you have the same problem to me!
Hi asimm.it

Yes, sounds the same to me, although hunt group won't go through to voicemail for me, it just keeps ringing one of the two phones in the hunt group.

I've also isolated one fault that seems to cause the unit to crash. If you dial an unobtainable number the unit crashes. This does not happen in 3.5.5 as I've already downgraded the unit to prove to myself as well as get a some reliability back!
Iain

Iain

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
23 Feb 2011 23:44 #4 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Did you experience any issues with extensions maintaining registrations to the iPPBX?

I'm having an issue where by the extensions randomly show as offline causing calls not to be routed but the actual accounts on the vigorphone still display on the handsets.

Think we might have to drop back to 3.5.5 aswell.

More
26 Feb 2011 12:13 #5 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
HI Lee,

Thought I would post an update.

Well 3.5.5 works (ish) and frequently crashes and reboots and can't be trusted to support a business (in my opinion)

Upgrading to 3.5.5.1? A nightmare! The crashes you can now measured in minutes rather than days but worse it'll crash and just hang. Spoke to DRAYtek support who are very helpful, but don't know what's causing the problems. Initial suspect was a Siemens C475IP phone that I use to take calls (it's wireless so I can carry it around) as it appears to be the only phone that if you dial an unobtainable number causes the PBX to crash (doesn't happen on a 350). However, decided to take the Siemens completely out of the equation and route all calls to a Vigor 350. Well it still has problems but different ones. This time in place of the phone system answering with the AA and then routing the call to the Siemens and then crashing, it just rings, and rings, and rings. When you finally get frustrated and hang up, it crashes the PBX. AND to make matters worse, it doesn't reboot.

Have to say I've had enough, as far as I'm concerned the product is not fit for purpose and all the promised fixes from DRAYTEK either don't work or cause new problems and in general the whole platform is going backwards.

Having run my phones on backup now (SIP routed to a standard PSTN phone) for a couple of days, I've now installed 3CX software based IPPBX (Free version) . First impressions FANTASTIC and get this, the Siemens phone works perfectly. Unlike the 350's which will register and then drop and stay unregistered.

Beginning to wonder if DRAYTEK have the knowledge to produce VOIP gear........
Iain

Iain

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
26 Feb 2011 14:59 #6 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Hi Iain,

Thanks for the update!

Nothing to complicate matters on my side as I'm using all DrayTek gear but still having issues! Having a bit of Déjà vu me thinks.

I guess that those hangs you are talking about could be the culprit for the extensions dropping offline. The IPPBX doesn't reboot when on 3.5.5.1 like on past firmwares which made a habit of doing so. I really don't have the time at present to be sitting down and analysing logs to find out what's going wrong, but I guess I am going to have to make the time to find out what these issues are being caused by.

I wonder whether the IPPBX35510 is having issue's like this as well (It's running a firmware with code 3.5.5.1), it would be interesting to find out.