DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3.5.5.1 Yet more problems

More
05 Apr 2011 22:19 #7 by mjh
Replied by mjh on topic Re: 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Hi,

Would your advise still be to avoid 3.5.5.1?

I have just had all the credit in my Draytel account drained due to a batch of fraudulent calls, to various international destinations, and I read in another post [ http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15372 ] that within 3.5.5.1 there is a feature SIP Proxy settings to disable registration from the WAN which may help to prevent the fraudster from being able to repeat this.

(I'm only just coming to terms with the fact that my credit can be cleared so quickly and I'm still not clear on how this was done or what else I can do to prevent a repeat - I've changed the passwords and logged a call with Draytel)

However, I wouldn't be keen to upgrade if it leaves me with frequent hangs & crashes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2011 22:31 #8 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Not sure I can advise any more, although I still have the 2820, I no longer use the ippbx functionality after the problems with 3.5.5.1. I use 3cx which has functioned FAULTLESSLY since installation, including a hack attempt which was so vigerious it last over six hours and the only way to stop it was to change my ip address! The attack was focused on the pbx as it logged all the failed attempts!

The functionality you describe is part of 3.5.5.1 as I switched it on when I installed and that advise was repeated by support when I called them with the problems with 3.5.5.1.

Only thing I can say is that I think they've released an update to 3.5.5.1 (beta release) so perhaps the problems have been overcome, but I'm not prepared to test it again... Perhaps Lee can advise?

Iain

Iain

More
05 Apr 2011 22:41 #9 by mjh
Replied by mjh on topic Re: 3.5.5.1 Yet more problems
Thanks Iain. I did look at 3CX originally so I may take another look.

After starting off promisingly with the 2820 IPPBX, it has been a bit of a battle with severe echo problems on the FXO port and issues with voicemail hangs so it hasn't been the smoothest of implementations so far :?

It's a shame as there must be a massive market in the UK for a product like this.