DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

beep noise after a few minutes on voip

More
30 Jan 2012 10:07 #7 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: beep noise after a few minutes on voip
Hi

I have this issue on my 2820Vn as well. It sounds like the DTMF tone from a depressed telephone number key (one that has been pushed, not one that has psychological problems). I assumed it was my phone that was going faulty, but the other posts here show it must be a Draytek firmware issue. I've only had it happen when using the Draytek's VoIP socket (I also have an 802.11 VoIP phone, but I've not heard it on that; this is why I was assuming it to be a faulty phone until reading the above posts). It does regularly happen after a few minutes of conversation, and it does mean that you have to end the call, so it is something that needs fixed swiftly.

Bri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• raqman
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jan 2012 10:37 #8 by raqman
Replied by raqman on topic Re: beep noise after a few minutes on voip
I am still working with it with support, last night I changed to Voip2, and it did not seem to do it, but we could not get the ringer to work with inboud calls.

I changed to DTMF to inbound and unticked caller transfer and caller waiting, but when I replicated it to VOIP 1, the problem appeared again :-(

More
31 Jan 2012 19:26 #9 by renesiggaard
Replied by renesiggaard on topic Re: beep noise after a few minutes on voip
I have now gone back to Firmware Version: 3.3.4_232201 and the phone is working fine again. Something does not work for me in the latest firmware.

ps. got this reply from DrayTek:
We did some test in our lab and were unable to reproduced the problem on latest firmware.I suspect that config back up file from older version is conflicting with latest 3.3.7 in your case. It's good to hear that it is working with previous version.

Regards,
Adam

• raqman
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2012 20:38 #10 by raqman
I also back dated my firmware to 3.3.5_2471201 (slightly later one that previous poster) and can confirm the problem has now gone, so running on a firmware of November 2010 :-(

More
30 Mar 2013 10:05 #11 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: beep noise after a few minutes on voip
Hi

Are there any updates on this issue as it is quite a serious problem? To avoid it, I'm now mostly using an old iPhone with a SIP client, but I do really need to occasionally use the built-in VoIP features and phone port the 2820Vn (it links to my wireless Polycom Soundstation). It doesn't always happen, but it is quite a frequent event and thus it makes the system totally unusable. For example, I answered a call on the Polycom this morning and the tone appeared after only a few 10's of seconds, forcing the need to prematurely end the call (for full information, it occurred with an incoming call from a customer's mobile phone and I'm using the Draytel SIP service).

Has anyone had confirmation from support on whether this is even being investigated or not?

Bri

• raqman
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2013 10:02 #12 by raqman
gave up and bought a Pap2t Cisco device.

Moderators: Sami