DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 IPPBX questions

More
06 Sep 2015 18:07 #7 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2820 IPPBX questions

"UKenGB wrote: Once it's been so utterly and completely disabled the light should be completely off.

It might be that the disabling is disabling connectivity attempts at the upper layers (L2/PPPoE/oA etc.) and
the actual modem can't be disabled (because it doesn't need to be?)

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2015 12:55 #8 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: 2820 IPPBX questions
I have exactly the same issue with our 2820 pbx, migrated to fibre, DSL connection disabled yet DSL light still flashes and same with the ISDN, port 1 has always flashed and never seemed to be able to stop it.

More
10 Sep 2015 09:30 #9 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820 IPPBX questions
"adsl idle" in the telnet interface will stop the DSL LED flashing, until the PBX is restarted.

If the ISDN port is flashing, go to IPPBX > PBX System > Phone Setting and change ISDN1-S0 to ISDN1-TE, which will make the PBX reboot

More
10 Sep 2015 18:57 #10 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: 2820 IPPBX questions

Voodle wrote: "adsl idle" in the telnet interface will stop the DSL LED flashing, until the PBX is restarted.

If the ISDN port is flashing, go to IPPBX > PBX System > Phone Setting and change ISDN1-S0 to ISDN1-TE, which will make the PBX reboot

Yay!. Give that man a cigar. Yes. Just what I was hoping for. OK, so I have to set adsl idle after each reboot, but in normal circumstances, that's not very often. Brilliant.

So why can't this be mentioned in the manual. Even better, make adsl idle an option in the web interface and maintain that state through reboots. I knew it had to be possible. Developers tend to be either lacking in experience using the products they are developing, or simply lazy. It seems to me these should be obvious options to control. What is the point of a flashing LED when that system is actually disabled. Surely a flashing LED should be to warn you of something happening in that system. So if that system is disabled, the LED should be OFF to indicate that and NOT flashing, indicating something is going on.

Anyway, I've peeled off the tape I had masking the lights and now they are not blinking at all. Wonderful. Thank you Voodle.

More
10 Sep 2015 19:02 #11 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: 2820 IPPBX questions
I have also heard back from CounterPath that they have recently changed DNS code in Bria and it's not right, causing inability to resolve names in some systems. They're working on a true fix and in the meantime, there are ways around it if important. But at least it looks certain that is the problem I was experiencing and it's just pure coincidence that Bria was updated at the same time I reconfigured the Vigor to use WAN2, typically confusing the issue. So looks like it's nothing to do with the Vigor IPPBX.

But anyway, looking forward to the new 2860 IPPBX. :D