DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SIP Account not registering with 3.8.9.1_BT

More
26 Jan 2019 10:28 #7 by 6by9

Sir.Gawain wrote: I've got the same problem with a new 2862Vac, I can't get the router to register with the A&A SIP server.
I've tried firmware versions 3.8.6.2_BT and 3.9.0_BT.

Glad it's not just me. Thought I was being stupid.
Not so glad it's not working though.

Sorry, can't help on a 2862. 2860Vac is working fine with A&A using 3.8.8_BT, and I had had it working on earlier versions and a 2830vn.
I haven't had a chance to try more recent firmwares, and none of the changes are flagged as critical anyway.

My current settings are pretty much defaults:
SIP port: 5060
Domain/realm: voiceless.aa.net.uk
proxy: voiceless.aa.net.uk
Not set "Act as outbound proxy"
Account name/number: (VOIP number with international code, eg +441234123456)
Not set authentication ID
Password: (as appropriate)
Expiry time: 1 hour
NAT traversal: None
Call forwarding: Disable
SIP URL: (blank)
Prefer codec: G729A/8kbps
Packet size: 20ms

Hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2021 11:00 #8 by 6by9

6by9 wrote:

Sir.Gawain wrote: I've got the same problem with a new 2862Vac, I can't get the router to register with the A&A SIP server.
I've tried firmware versions 3.8.6.2_BT and 3.9.0_BT.

Glad it's not just me. Thought I was being stupid.
Not so glad it's not working though.

Sorry, can't help on a 2862. 2860Vac is working fine with A&A using 3.8.8_BT, and I had had it working on earlier versions and a 2830vn.
I haven't had a chance to try more recent firmwares, and none of the changes are flagged as critical anyway.

I know this is old, but having just upgraded to a 2862Vac I can say that it does work with A&A when using firmware 3.9.6.1_BT.
(Pushing a settings file from my older 2860Vac failed to transfer all the VOIP settings, so be warned).

It does seem that on Draytek routers you do have to set the proxy (to voiceless.aa.net.uk), which is contrary to A&A's documentation that says that only the domain/realm should be set to voiceless.aa.net.uk.

Now that I have a working router I guess I could try updating the 2860Vac from 3.8.8_BT and see if it works there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.