DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPv6

More
23 Sep 2009 20:36 #7 by gdawes
Replied by gdawes on topic Product roadmaps
Would be nice if Draytek could give a roadmap or list of enhancements that are being considered or have been rejected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2009 20:39 #8 by ntsarb
Replied by ntsarb on topic Re: IPv6

utis wrote: Would you please give us a bit more specific timetable/estimates/plans about IPv6 implementation. Whether IPv6 will be supported later by a new firmware on the 2800 platform or will there have to be completely new platform? Exactly whic rfcs will be supported? Many of our customers are preparing for IPv6 overhaul which is coming with many countries and RIR's formally puting deadlines for IPv6, from US to China.. We are going to buy "IPv6 supported devices only" very soon and thus all information regarding implementation in Vigor devices would be appreciated as we are very keen to continue quality experience using draytek hardware.

I am also interested in IPv6 support on the Vigor 2710n router. For the time being, I have to rely on my PC performing the role of a IPv6 router, with IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnelling.

It would be great if DrayTek incorporated IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnelling functionality, so that we can easily connect and access from the Internet IPv6-enabled devices connected to the home network (eliminate the burden of configuring Port Forwarding.

More
30 Oct 2009 13:10 #9 by poppeye
Replied by poppeye on topic IPv6
Strange, my Windows 7 Home network (which uses IPv6 by default) seems to connect my 3 computers through the Draytek 2710Vn without a glitch.

What is it that you guys are missing?

More
06 Dec 2009 18:31 #10 by xslogic
Replied by xslogic on topic IPv6
There's a difference between the machines on your network talking IPv6 among themselves and them talking to the rest of the internet using it. You can do that quite easily just using a standard network switch. The router side of things, though, is an entirely different kettle of fish.

There are a few parts of it. You have to add IPv6 to the main WAN interface while updating all the features and the security that the IPv4 side already has... It's not an easy task.

I'm interested in this, partly because my ISP is one of the few that actually does IPv6 (And they have for a while) and particularly given the Draytek.com site showing that they've got at least one of them out there .

More
16 Dec 2009 20:38 #11 by ralphrmartin
Replied by ralphrmartin on topic IPv6
Look out for the upcoming Draytek 2130 series...

More
16 Dec 2009 21:32 #12 by xslogic
Replied by xslogic on topic IPv6
It's a cable modem, though. I don't think Virgin media would be happy with me hooking up to their connection with it. (I'm on ADSL with a Vigor 2820VSn, anyway...)

Moderators: Sami