DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 Dual Wan Issue

More
05 Oct 2009 14:21 #7 by crispinhodges
Replied by crispinhodges on topic Me too but all traffic went to WAN2
Until I set up IP rules all traffic went via WAN2. I really don't think the load balancing works at all.
The only way I could get traffic via WAN 1 was to set up a Load-Balance Policy.
I'm also very disappointed about the fall over to the other WAN. This takes ages. We get breaks in our ADSL so got a second feed from another company but except for the most prolonged breaks the 2820n fails to switch. I've always been pretty happy with Vigor kit but the 2820 has been out for some time and still seems buggy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2009 12:01 #8 by roboughton
Replied by roboughton on topic Re: Me too but all traffic went to WAN2

crispinhodges wrote: Until I set up IP rules all traffic went via WAN2. I really don't think the load balancing works at all.
The only way I could get traffic via WAN 1 was to set up a Load-Balance Policy.
I'm also very disappointed about the fall over to the other WAN. This takes ages. We get breaks in our ADSL so got a second feed from another company but except for the most prolonged breaks the 2820n fails to switch. I've always been pretty happy with Vigor kit but the 2820 has been out for some time and still seems buggy.

same issue for me all traffic semed to go via WAN2 until i set up policies to send traffic via WAN1 which is not what i wanted :(

if they sort the VPN issue with the IPs i can live with it if not im am affraid its going to get ditched for something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami