DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Drayteks and "enhanced upstream" from pipex/nildra

• robathome
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2009 11:24 #1 by robathome
Has anybody regraded their pipex or nildram line to "enhanced upstream" which supposedly offers 16Mb down and 2.5Mb up? Just wondering whether it was a positive experience before I jump.....
(I have a 2800G)

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2009 12:10 #2 by iain

More
27 Jan 2009 12:11 #3 by iain
I've got "upload plus" from Be which sounds like a similar product (it's basically annex.m).

It works pretty well for me as I run a couple of servers from home but you need to be aware that it does steal some of your downstream bandwidth to give you the increased upload speed.

You might also want to consider discarding your 2800 for a 2820 if you are close enough to the exchange to get something near a 16Mb sync rate as the older modem in the 2800 doesn't play very well with ADSL2.

Hope this helps,
Iain

More
27 Jan 2009 12:42 #4 by runningdeere
Replied by runningdeere on topic Drayteks and "enhanced upstream" from pipex/nildra
I also have upload plus from Be (ADSL2+ Annexe-M)
But as Iain says, I wouldn't recommend it with the 2800 - you would be better with a 2820.
Pipex aren't guaranteed to use the same protocols as Be and so it may be OK - you could try it, but a 2820 will almost certainly work.

• robathome
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2009 13:14 #5 by robathome
OK thanks - I have a 2820 at home so will swap them around as we host an ftp site here that gets hammered several times a day....

More
03 Nov 2009 16:33 #6 by alumet
Replied by alumet on topic 2800 on Nildram Enhanced Upstream
We are having problems connecting to Nildram Enhanced Upstream (Annex M) with a 2800.

We've previously used a 2800 on Be Upload+ with no problems (but the router config is a bit different - MpoA)

The problem is our router won't sync with the line when the modulation is set to ADSL2+ Annex M. The only one it will sync with is G.DMT and while it does sync, it does not allow us to get online that way.

I suppose we'll have to try it with a 2820.

Edit: Just a note, Nildram do have a list of compatible hardware for Annex M on their website and the 2800 isn't on it. The 2820n is.

Moderators: Sami