DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Drayteks and "enhanced upstream" from pipex/nildra

• robathome
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2009 19:59 #7 by robathome
Well just to finish off I switched and it worked fine on the 2820....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2009 21:42 #8 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic AnnexM
Rob,

Out of interest, try this firmware (has different modem code to the normal E38 UK one) and see if the Vigor2800 is able to connect when using it.

ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2800/Firmware/V2.8.2/AnnexA_E.67.36.1.zip

More
26 Nov 2009 10:31 #9 by alumet
Replied by alumet on topic Nildram Enhanced Upstream
Just for anyone's information on Nildram Enhanced Upstream compatibility:

I got hold of a Zyxel P-662HW-D1 for cheap (£45) and ended up using that on the Nildram line instead of the draytek 2800 and it connected ok.

I did have to phone Nildram and they reset something on their end to get it connected. - Customer support seems very good at Nildram btw.

The zyxel has a very similar feature set to the draytek 2800, setting up the vpns between the 2 was quite simple, although because the zyxel is set to ignore ping requests by default it did make diagnostics confusing!

the zyxel has outgoing firewall on by default too which again can initially make it seem like things aren't working quite right.

More
19 Jan 2010 09:43 #10 by carll

robathome wrote: Has anybody regraded their pipex or nildram line to "enhanced upstream" which supposedly offers 16Mb down and 2.5Mb up? Just wondering whether it was a positive experience before I jump.....
(I have a 2800G)

thanks

Hi
I have two lines; Be unlimited running 14.2 down, 2.2 up on annex m.
I also have a pipex line, tried to get it upgraded to annex m, customer services told me they were experiencing problems, so were delaying the role out??!!
Works OK on BE though.

Carl.

Moderators: Sami