DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Load Balancing

More
26 Apr 2009 22:03 #19 by runningdeere
Replied by runningdeere on topic Load Balancing
ALL your client PC's need to be connected to the LAN side of the primary router. They will not get an IP when connected to router 2 because as far as your primary router is concerned they are on the WAN side.

It should be possible to configure the login details whilst using Bridge Mode, but it does seem an expensive option if you have bought another 2820 to use in this way. You should have been able to use the router supplied by O2, or perhaps have just bought a draytek 110 modem.

I would also suggest that you put each router on a different subnet. It makes the routing much easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2009 08:40 #20 by gswhiteuk
Replied by gswhiteuk on topic Load Balancing

runningdeere wrote: ALL your client PC's need to be connected to the LAN side of the primary router. They will not get an IP when connected to router 2 because as far as your primary router is concerned they are on the WAN side.

It should be possible to configure the login details whilst using Bridge Mode, but it does seem an expensive option if you have bought another 2820 to use in this way. You should have been able to use the router supplied by O2, or perhaps have just bought a draytek 110 modem.

I would also suggest that you put each router on a different subnet. It makes the routing much easier.

Hi
the router supplied from O2 does not support bridge mode. To be honest it does not support much at all :). Probably the worst free router I have ever seen to be fair... :D

The 2820Vn is a loan from a friend to try and get this working. Now I know it's all systems go I can go out and get myself a 100 or 110.

Thanks for the help. You have confirmed what I suspected that the secondary router once in Bridge mode is a dumb router.

Thanks
G

More
19 Nov 2009 21:48 #21 by idheath
Replied by idheath on topic Load Balancing
I have a 2820vn & a 120 and am using 2 ASDL connections.

The problems I have are:

I can't access the 120's GUI in this setup

The load balancing doesn't seem to work as I expected (i.e. for a given PC)

Moderators: Sami