DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

vigor 100 annex m?

More
12 May 2009 13:04 #7 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic vigor 100 annex m?
no, you cannot access it although if you plug another cat5 cable into spare port and plug that into your lan or pc (must be on same subnet eg default is 192.168.1.*), then you will be able to see it.

not 100% sure of the security issues surrounding connecting to a lan port of the same router though because you are:

1. connecting the modem to the wan of the router (bridging)
2. connecting the modem to the lan of the router (natting???)

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gilesw
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2009 13:44 #8 by gilesw
Replied by gilesw on topic vigor 100 annex m?
heya louis do you know if the port numbers on the vigor have significance then? I was pluging my linksys wrt into port 1. The WAN port on the wrt is configured to use dhcp.

• gilesw
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2009 16:12 #9 by gilesw
ah my housemate has just plugged into the router and it's working now. Possibly it just took a long time for be to forget about the old mac address.

• gilesw
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2009 12:21 #10 by gilesw
Grr this is very annoying, I unplugged my housemates machine and tried plugging in my linksys wrt, with the wan port using dhcp and I couldn't get a ip assigned. I then plugged in my old bebox and I couldn't get an ip for that either!

I left it unplugged for a while then plugged the bebox back in and it got handed an ip. Hopefully if I leave it unplugged for a while, then plug in my wrt into the vigor it will eventually get given an ip.

I wonder if I can assign a static ip to the wan port of my linksys, I'm not paying for a static ip from be though.

Is anyone else on this forum running a similar config?

My wrt is flashed with a standard tomato firmware.

cheers,

G.

• gilesw
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2009 20:40 #11 by gilesw
okay in the end I just cloned the mac address of the bebox and used this in tomato.. I'd still like to find a way of getting on to the vigors web interface to check settings.

• gilesw
  • Topic Author
More
14 May 2009 15:28 #12 by gilesw
hrm I tried adding a route in the wrt which is on 192.168.3.0/24 for 192.168.2.1 to go through the wan connection, no joy.

I also tried plugging straight into the other ports of on the vigor and try to access the webui. No joy.

Has anyone got to the webui or via telnet to a vigor 100 when it's in bridge mpoa mode?

g.

Moderators: Sami