DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware Update on 2820

More
02 Jun 2009 11:40 #7 by srthomas
Replied by srthomas on topic Firmware Update on 2820

there have been the odd reports about swiches not being compatible for one reason or another.

This is very interesting, we have had problems with 2820's with small Netgear 8 port switches. Both boxes appear to die, router shows 0 entries in ARP table, only a reboot of both fixes.

Anyone else seen this or got a fix? We've had to swap out a 2820 for a 2800.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davrosg5
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2009 20:20 #8 by davrosg5
Replied by davrosg5 on topic Firmware Update on 2820
Right, I have now tried doing the firmware upgrade using the web interface while directly connected to the router and still get the same 'Incorrect filename" message (tried with both Opera and Firefox and with the long and short filenames) still no luck.

Also just tried the router tools firmware upgrade utility and that said file sending failed.

More
02 Jun 2009 22:49 #9 by fnordianslip
Replied by fnordianslip on topic Firmware Update on 2820
Not much to add, but I've been upgrading firmware on my 2820vn, using Safari 4 on 10.5.7 without (major) issue. Have in-line an airport extreme running 11n, and a 5-port gigabit switch from Netgear.

Having said that, my last firmware upgrade seemed to stall, after starting well. After 30 mins, I assumed it wasn't going to complete, although the router still seemed to be routing traffic OK. Puzzled, I requested the main status page which loaded OK, and I then ran the upgrade cycle again. This time it completed without issue. Now running latest release firmware.

cheers.
fnord

More
03 Jun 2009 11:37 #10 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Firmware Update on 2820
I'm not 100% on this but I think that 3.2.1 or 3.3.0 has javascript issues with Firefox, but the 3.3.1 beta versions fixed it. So if anyone is upgrading from an older firmware using firefox they might have issues with "incorrect filename" but if they've already gone to 3.3.1 beta versions and are now going up to 3.3.1.2 it would be ok.

• davrosg5
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2009 21:12 #11 by davrosg5
Replied by davrosg5 on topic Firmware Update on 2820
Hazah! It just did the firmware update.

Changed the folder filename to Vigor2820 and used Safari to do the update and it went through first time. Here's hoping it's worth it.

More
28 Jul 2009 14:46 #12 by egg678
Replied by egg678 on topic Same Situation still no luck
Followed your posts and tried to resolve my problem in respect to the firmware upgrade but absolutely no luck!
Any more ideas?

Setup: Mac Mini (Mac OS X 10.5.7)
Vigor 2820n Firmware 3.2.1

Any ideas/suggestions highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Eckhard.

Moderators: Sami