DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 drops off connection

More
09 Aug 2009 10:14 #37 by allisong
I have the same issue - has caused me no end of issues, replaced a Vigor 100 with 120 and line drops all the time, replaced with a Netgear DMP111 and now no issues, come on Draytek please sort this out!

Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• superacrosstheway
More
09 Aug 2009 12:04 #38 by superacrosstheway
Replied by superacrosstheway on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
I don't think this problem is effecting everyone. Think it's more likely to be an incompatability with some DLASM chipsets. If i memory serves me, the chipset vender for mine is ALA (the modem tells you this if you telnet into it and get the adsl status) My connection is still up. Never dropped since the Beta v120fw332201 firmware update.

More
11 Aug 2009 13:43 #39 by csutcliff
Replied by csutcliff on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
The firmware linked in this thread solved the disconnecting issue for me but in the process lowered my sync speed by 1000kbps :( (the line stats are still as good, attenuation 20.5, SNR 18+)

• superacrosstheway
More
11 Aug 2009 13:50 #40 by superacrosstheway
Replied by superacrosstheway on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection

csutcliff wrote: The firmware linked in this thread solved the disconnecting issue for me but in the process lowered my sync speed by 1000kbps :( (the line stats are still as good, attenuation 20.5, SNR 18+)

There's an alternate one below that, you could give that a try...

More
11 Aug 2009 16:36 #41 by mawallace

allisong wrote: I have the same issue - has caused me no end of issues, replaced a Vigor 100 with 120 and line drops all the time, replaced with a Netgear DMP111 and now no issues, come on Draytek please sort this out!

Geoff

Geoff - How easy was it to replace with the DMP111? I am thinking of the same thing! Do you just plug the DMP111 and configure as you would do with the Vigour 100 or is there something you have to confgidure on the DMP111?

More
20 Aug 2009 12:44 #42 by boundaryit
Replied by boundaryit on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
Glad I'm not the only one seeing this - I have several V120's connected to 2950's & 2820 WAN2's - seeing a drop on each at least once an hour.

Going to up the firmware on one today, see if it helps. If not then I'm going to have to replace them with something else, as the customers are at their wits end when their VPNs drop out every 30 mins :(

Moderators: Sami