DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn and VigorAP 700 as repeater

More
20 Nov 2009 14:24 #7 by fork
Replied by fork on topic 2820Vn and VigorAP 700 as repeater
I no longer have an AP-700 because I could never get this to work. However, the changelog for the latest firmware for the 2820-series (v3.3.3) states:

Wireless:
19. WDS is now compatible with AP700.

So it might be worth updating the firmware on your 2820 and seeing if it improves the situation. Please do post back either way and let us know, because if you're able to get it to work then I may go ahead and buy another AP-700.

Good luck!

Fork.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2009 15:28 #8 by nathanlance
Replied by nathanlance on topic 2820Vn and VigorAP 700 as repeater
Hey,

Cheers for the quick response.

Unfortunately, updating the firmware on both the 2820 and AP-700 to the latest revision was the first thing I did! So already running the latest.

If I have the AP-700 mode set to 'Universal Repeater', which I believe is the only mode that applies (there is a WDS Bridge mode but that will not allow wireless clients to connect to the AP-700 which is something I require).

Now, do I have to have any particular settings in the 2820? If so does anybody know exactly what these are? For example, with the AP-700 set to Universal Repeater mode (is this anything to do with WDS?), then should I have WDS enabled on the 2820?

Gonna continue to play around with it. any help still greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan

More
21 Nov 2009 17:06 #9 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820Vn and VigorAP 700 as repeater
Which security mode are you using? It looks like the AP700 really doesn't work well with standard WPA, you have to use WPA2 instead for 802.11n to work properly

More
25 Nov 2009 11:15 #10 by johnsc
Replied by johnsc on topic 2820Vn and VigorAP 700 as repeater
Try with security off
Try with link to MAC off ( this resolved it for me on a different set up)

AP700 in Repeater mode to a Solwise 85PEW home plug (Wireless connection), then through main power circuit to a 2820 (No wireless on) with DHCP on. Worked fine only after IP to MAC link was set to disable.

I have another AP700 on order and will try on the 2820 wireless and advise.

Moderators: Sami