DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New firmware 3.3.2.1... ok or not?

More
16 Sep 2009 07:32 #7 by splank
Replied by splank on topic New firmware 3.3.2.1... ok or not?
Yes... I am having issues with the router locking up/freezing every few days with 3.3.2.1.... going to be rolling back to the previous version!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2009 10:33 #8 by mikacom
Replied by mikacom on topic New firmware 3.3.2.1... ok or not?
Just want to add weight to this issue, we are also seeing the same, upgraded the firmware and also reset using the RST version. Still seeing the router collapse after a day or two.

Come on draytek, this version seems to have solved the wireless issue and the modem code has improved our sync speed by around 1/2 Mb (which is a lot for us on a 2.5Mb connection) but we cant use it because of the stability issues!!!!

More
22 Sep 2009 16:21 #9 by alan.hancock
Also having this same problem with 3.3.2.1_232201 firmware on a 2820Vn. A memory leak is causing two main problems: SIP accounts phones cannot re-register, appearing offline to my telephony service provider (affects my business), and the Web Interface freezes. My only solution is to telnet into the router and do a 'sys reboot'. I have requested advice from Draytek UK about what is the most appropriate firmware to rollback to. Pending that info, my only workaround is to force a reboot every day (slightly disappointing state to be in for such a decent router, but I am keeping the faith with the company as they have good UK support).

More
25 Sep 2009 22:01 #10 by charliegadget
Replied by charliegadget on topic New firmware 3.3.2.1... ok or not?
so far, for me, the most reliable and stable firmware is 3.3.1

no DHCP issues and no freezing!

More
28 Sep 2009 09:14 #11 by rebel154
Replied by rebel154 on topic New firmware 3.3.2.1... ok or not?

SplanK wrote: Yes... I am having issues with the router locking up/freezing every few days with 3.3.2.1.... going to be rolling back to the previous version!

I'm experiencing the same thing here... most annoying. Guess I'll go back to an earlier version as well.

Nothing to see here - move along now!

More
29 Sep 2009 09:57 #12 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Same for me
Been testing 3.3.2.1 on one of our 2820 routers so we can use the USB disk feature but have been seeing router lock ups every couple of days. Will be rolling back shortly.

Also, the USB disk facility does not record the correct date/time stamp on the copied files which is a bit of pain as our backup solution compares timestamps to only copy (newer) files, etc.

Moderators: Sami