DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Setting up ActiveSync through 2820

• alexjeffery
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2009 12:59 #7 by alexjeffery
Replied by alexjeffery on topic Setting up ActiveSync through 2820
sorry let me try and be a bit clearer on this.

I have an exchange 2007 server which is on Windows Server 2008 on our internal network. I have configured our 2820's NAT to forward the pors 443 & 25 to the internal exchange server (it is a single exchange server config). I have tested the port 25 forward and it works fine. We then have several people who have iphones and i am trying to connect them through activesync they are pointed to our external IP (the 2820 one) and they say that they cant find the server. I have tried this by turning off the SSL requirment on the phones and leaving it on and i get the same response. I have totally disabled the 2008 server firewall to make sure that it not affecting it. If i try and connect the phones to the internal wireless network and point them to the local ip of the mail server it all works fine so from that point i am assuming it is not a config issue with the exchange server.

Thank you for the link i tried that aswell and got the following error:

Copy to Clipboard Expand/Collapse
Testing Exchange Activesync for host https:///Microsoft-Server-Activesync/
Exchange Activesync test Failed
Test Steps
Attempting to Resolve the host name in DNS.
Host successfully Resolved
Additional Details
IP(s) returned:

Testing TCP Port 443 on host
to ensure it is listening/open.
The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details
A network error occurred while communicating with remote host:
Exception Details:
Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond :443
Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Stack Trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.TcpPortTest.PerformTestReally()

I hope this helps to show you what i am trying to do.

Thanks

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2009 13:48 #8 by cocospm
Replied by cocospm on topic Setting up ActiveSync through 2820
OK, that is clearer now.

First, double check your port forwards: make sure both 25 and 443 are forwarded to the same Exchange server, and that both forwards are enabled in the 2820.

Now turn off remote access altogether on the 2820 (System Maintenance -> Management, untick "Allow management from the internet", press OK), reboot the 2820, and repeat the Exchange connectivity tests. What are your results then?

• alexjeffery
  • Topic Author
More
16 Sep 2009 13:54 #9 by alexjeffery
Replied by alexjeffery on topic Setting up ActiveSync through 2820
Thank you very much, i had already disabled the HTTPS mangement, but as soon as i unticked managed from the internet it all works. Thanks for your help.

Alex

Moderators: Sami