DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

HTTPS / Heartbeat interval life on 2820?

• cd3879
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2009 14:32 #1 by cd3879
Hi all,

I am getting 1040 errors in my Exchange server's application log relating to Activesync and it says:

The average of the most recent [499] heartbeat intervals used by clients is less than or equal to [540].

Make sure that your firewall configuration is set to work correctly with Exchange ActiveSync and Direct Push technology. Specifically, make sure that your firewall is configured so that requests to Exchange ActiveSync do not expire before they have the opportunity to be processed.

There is a KB article here on the subject (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905013) which explains I need to extend the timeout period for HTTPS packets, but I don't know how to on my Vigor.

Can someone please tell me how I can do this?

Thanks

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2010 17:49 #2 by j-law
Replied by j-law on topic Same problem here
Hi there,

I don't have the solution I'm afraid, but I do have the exact same problem! It started when I moved from a 2820 to a 3300. I'm trying to find out how to increase the NAT sessions timeout value, but have come up short so far.

I see you posted this a while back, did you manage to resolve the issue? If so, please update this thread! It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

More
07 Jan 2010 12:08 #3 by dubvan
Replied by dubvan on topic Same problem here
I too need to resolve this heartbeat issue which I think is causing strange things to happen to users iphone's.

• pkecun
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Feb 2010 01:50 #4 by pkecun
Replied by pkecun on topic HTTPS / Heartbeat interval life on 2820?
Having the same problem - have just tried following the instructions at http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=350

And using..
portmaptime -w 540
..doubt it'll make any difference tho.

More
17 Feb 2010 09:14 #5 by j-law
Replied by j-law on topic HTTPS / Heartbeat interval life on 2820?
Hey pkecun,

Thanks for the link, and let me know if you have any luck with those values. I'll start messing around with them again tomorrow.

Are you finding that with the timeout, the Iphones try to re-sync over and over again, thus killing the battery of the phones?
I notice this in my IIS logs, the phones just continiously sync and resync, because the session times out and they think they need to retry.

More
19 Mar 2010 14:23 #6 by swests
Replied by swests on topic Any feedback?
Hi there

I have this same issue - been driving me mad (and draining iPhones(!) dry).

How are you getting on with setting portmaptime -w 540?

I'm going to try the same but suspect it won't make any difference.

I did see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905013/en-us and also this http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_22714067.html (Scroll to bottom it says ....)

1. Open the registry on the computer hosting Exchange Server and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MasSync\Parameters.
2. Add two DWORD values: MinHeartbeatInterval and MaxHeartbeatInterval.
3. Restart IIS Admin service

Set the DWORD values to decimal and enter number of seconds. Most importantly, set the Max interval to less than your firewall HTTPS timeout (assuming you are using HTTPS connections). I found it best to also change the HTTPS timeout on my firewall. I read somewhere the Max value can't go beyond 59 minutes but I haven't verified this.

So will be trying a combination of both...

Moderators: Sami