DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP 700 antenna function: transmit/ receive on both?

More
29 Nov 2009 14:51 #7 by sunstone2311
Replied by sunstone2311 on topic AP 700 antenna function: transmit/ receive on both?
Hi Nathan.

(sorry to but in) but did you get your wireless extended using both rhw 2820vn and AP700 ?

I originally had the AP700 connected to the mother-in-laws Netgear router which worked fine, though took some experimenting to get going even after some help from Drayteks email support team. I think I got it going by turning off all security and somehow got it going with security.

I'm wanting to connect Ap700 to my own 2820vn and cant get it to work.

I'd love to know if you got your network going ?

Cheers

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2009 16:01 #8 by nathanlance
Replied by nathanlance on topic AP 700 antenna function: transmit/ receive on both?
Hi,

johnsc - thanks man, you identifed the issue: if I disable Bind IP to MAC in the LAN settings for the 2820, then the internet works on the AP700.

Strange issue eh? Did you post to DrayTek tech? I'd be interested to know what they say.

Ok so now my next problem is how do I assign IPs to certain machines now that I can't use Bind IP to MAC?!

I can't thank you enough for your help, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Nathan

• johnsc
  • Topic Author
More
05 Dec 2009 10:00 #9 by johnsc
ADMIN: suggest you post this on AP set up issues

Nathan, no problem only took me about 3 hours of quality time on behalf of
Draytek. Why they don't test the obvious issues is beyond belief. The obvious being that the AP assigns the same MAC to all clients but keeps the router assigned IP. Netgear and Solwise AP's I have don't do this and allow MAC passthrough as logic dictates.

I posted to Dratek and have a response from Andrew saying they will check it out and let me know. I suggest you send in your own ticket to make the point.

.... but it is still an excellent piece of kit bar this issue.

ADMIN: This warrants a stickie to help all AP users until fixed.

• johnsc
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2010 21:55 #10 by johnsc
No solution forthcoming from Draytek when operating in Access point mode (no WDS) with Bind to MAC on ( prevents internet access through the AP700)

More
22 Feb 2010 09:42 #11 by voodle
If it's just operating as an access point that kind of makes sense as the MAC addresses should go straight through to the router, is that after adding those MAC addresses to the Bind IP to MAC list?

Also are you using strict bind or just enabling Bind IP to MAC?

Moderators: Sami