DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigorphone 350

• tonybee
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2010 13:31 #7 by tonybee
Replied by tonybee on topic VigorPhone 350 Setup
According to Draytek there is a problem with the STUN server option on the VigorPhone 350 but they do not know when it is likely to be fixed.

I can dial out OK and speak to the remote end but I cannot receive any calls in. This includes calls from other phones on the local network trying to connect using just the IP address.

I have had the problem where the phone rings but the other party cannot hear. I changed the CODEC and all worked OK. Later I changed the CODEC back to what it was and that also worked. So you might try it.

Draytek suggested a work around for the 2900Vg but unfortunately that did work. However, it does apparently work with the 2820Vn. If you telnet into the router and type in the following command sys sip_alg 1 you may be lucky.

As a matter of interest what SIP provider are you using?

[/quote]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2010 14:44 #8 by rcw8892
Replied by rcw8892 on topic Vigorphone 350
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have draytel.org SIP accounts.

I upgraded the router firmware and the phone firmware was upgraded before I started.

Setting Application Layer Gateway for NAT traversal via telnet doesn't seem to have made any difference apart from being able to phone in.

So at the moment I can phone in / phone out but I cannot hear the person on the othe end. The other end can hear us talking on the 350.

This is so frustrating as I am going to have to put the two phones back in their box and use the analogue phones. :(

More
23 Feb 2010 12:34 #9 by rcw8892
I finally bit the bullet and decided to phone Draytek premium support.

The girl I spoke to was very helpful and managed to solve the problem.

The changes made were as follows:

In General SIP Settings >> Other Settings:

Set STUN Server: stun.xten.com
Set STUN Port: 3478

Save and reboot. It took a couple of minutes before it registered, but after that everything works as it should.

• tonybee
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2010 12:47 #10 by tonybee
Replied by tonybee on topic Vigorphone 350
Hi RCW

Glad everthing worked out OK. What other settings did you use when setting up the SIP accounts. ie Proxy Server Realm address etc

Tony

More
23 Feb 2010 14:06 #11 by rcw8892
Registration Server: draytel.org
DTMF Type: RFC2833
Proxy Server: draytel.org
Realm Address: draytel.org
Send KeepAlive: On

Not out of the woods yet - the two phones won't stay logged in together. :(

I can't believe how much grief this has caused!

More
23 Feb 2010 15:54 #12 by rcw8892
Hi

I was advised by premium support that there is an issue with the Vigor 2820vn when used with multiple VigorPhone 350s (or any IP phones).

With SYS_ALG set on, the router will not allow more than one phone connect to SIP accounts.

With SYS_ALG set to off, multiple phones will connect to the accounts and be able to phone out, but will not be able to receive any phone calls.

As far as the SIP accounts are concerned, the user is offline.

It also appears that the VigorPhone 350 when used with the 2820vn and Draytel accounts will only work if a stun server is used. There is no information anywhere about configuring the product to work with Draytek 2820vn or Draytel SIP accounts.

Having just purchased 2 x VigorPhone 350s, I am annoyed that I cannot use them with my 2820vn and that I had such a huge problem trying to configure them to work with the 2820vn and Draytel SIP accounts.

Moderators: Sami