DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 and Apple Airport Extreme

More
15 Feb 2010 22:17 #7 by apl
Replied by apl on topic Vigor 120 and Apple Airport Extreme
Hi Phil,

I've managed to upload and download files from my FTP server without any problems.

Have you done anything to your Airport configuration other than establish a PPPoE connection to the Draytec?

Did you have any luck bypassing the Airport?

Regards Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 10:20 #8 by acetheviper
Replied by acetheviper on topic Vigor 120 and Apple Airport Extreme
Hi,

Yes I managed to plug the Draytek directly into both the G5 desktop and then the Macbook Pro. Both times we were able to FTP upload files, but as soon as we then plug the Draytek back into the Time Capsule we no longer can upload files via FTP.

Regarding the Time Capsule we have established the PPPoE connection and then added 'FTP' access under the 'Advanced/Port Mapping' settings.

Having never had to do this with our previous modem (Netgear) we are not confident that these settings are correct!

Regards,
Phil

More
16 Feb 2010 11:01 #9 by apl
Hi Phil,

Are you running an FTP server on your network that you would like to serve to clients outside your network?

If not then remove that entry from the Airport, it's not needed as all connections outbound are allowed automatically, the same goes for inbound data when you have initiated it from the inside.

The port mapping would need an address on the inside of your network to send the data to, and unless you have made this address static it is possible that the Mac/PC that would have been at that address originally is no longer there.

Remove that entry and see if it works.

Regards Alan

More
19 Feb 2010 10:19 #10 by acetheviper
Replied by acetheviper on topic Vigor 120 and Apple Airport Extreme
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We have been trying numerous configurations on the Time Capsule, and we have even been to our local Apple store, and they couldn't help either!

In answer to your question, no we are not running an FTP server that we would like to serve to clients outside our network. It is only us who need to FTP file to our hosting provider who hosts our websites we create.

Therefore we removed the port mapping setting, but still no luck.

Regards,
Phil

More
19 Feb 2010 13:11 #11 by apl
Hi Phil,

I'd be tempted to reset the Airport back to the default setting and set it up again but don't add anything else other than your connection details.

Have you tried connecting to other FTP servers?

Regards Alan

Moderators: Sami