DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2800 21CN ADSL2+ and Zen Internet Compatibility?

More
08 Mar 2010 12:48 #1 by kipper1
Hi,

We currently connect to an ADSL connection with Zen Internet, we have the Office 8000 Max package.

Our broadband service is being migrated to 21CN this week. Can anyone inform me of any known issues with the 2800, 21CN and Zen as the Zen documentation states there are know issues?

"NOTE: The Vigor 2800 is known to have problems when used with ADSLMax and BT's 21CN Network-based services. For further details please consult the Draytek forum at http://www.draytek.co.uk/. Customers using Vigor 2800s with our Zen 8000 services, Zen Lite, Active, Pro or Zen Office and Zen Office Max, should test with an alternative make/model of ADSL modem/router should they experience faults with their service."

Do any settings need to be changed apart from the modulation settings being changed from G.DMT to Multimode?

Many thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2010 13:12 #2 by weejock
Did you find out anything about this?

I have a 2800VG and was upgraded last night and I have improved up speed but nothing on the down speed.

Changed to multi mode but once connected it still reports G.DMT, if I specifically use the ADSL2+ mode I get a bit of an increase down but only to 5Meg or so.

Anyone out there any ideas, either on config or if a new router is required.

More
09 Mar 2010 13:29 #3 by kipper1
Here is Drayteks email from support:

"Thanks for the email.This router is ADSl2+ compatible.If you are
using the BT standard for VPI/VCI(0/38) then only change the
modulation setting on router."

And Zens support email:

"There are no specific details required to configure a Draytek 2800 to run on 21CN. You may need to change the modulation type if you were using our up to 20Mbps service, but other than that the settings are the same.

However I will mention that the Draytek 2800 is possibly the most problematic router was have seen on the 21CN and we would highly recommend you look at investing in a new unit. We see a multitude of issues with them across the board and in almost all cases, using a different router has resolved any issues customers have had in the past.

Either way it's up to you, but we would look to get you to test the connection with a different model of router if your line were to develop a fault."

Cheers,

Chris

More
09 Mar 2010 22:04 #4 by mundayac
See this thread http://draytek.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13261&highlight=

Conclusion 2600's and 2800's are unlikely to work well on 21CN.

I have seen a thread that suggests that using alternate firmware may help with the 2800 http://draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2800_282_e67361.zip

Alan

More
10 Mar 2010 00:13 #5 by voodle
The 2600 doesn't have any problems with 21CN really afaik, the 2800 though ideally needs the 2.8.2.1 beta firmware which helps connection stability a lot - also in some cases setting the protocol from PPPoA to PPPoE helps too, it connects super quickly that way too.

More
10 Mar 2010 10:00 #6 by kipper1
Thanks for your replys.

I think I will hold off the regrade until a certified firmware is released. The release notes for the beta firmware do not mention any fix for 21CN connection issues.

Mundayac your first link does not appear to work, it takes me back to the main page?

I have asked Zen Internet which router they would recommend for 21CN, I have my eye on the 2820 range.

Voodle have you tested 2.8.2.1 on a 2800?

Chris

Moderators: Sami