DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Object creation bug.

• simonicemans
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2010 16:01 #7 by simonicemans
Replied by simonicemans on topic 2820 Object creation bug.
Which modem code do you mean? I've found that the two Vigors running the UK specific modem firmware has been a lot more stable than the Cisco 877, but I've not compared it against the generic code. I'm reluctant to because what I have works well and I can't see the other code being any better. On the other hand, if 3.3.4 with the generic modem code works as well on my line, then it would be better to be running 3.3.4 for the other fixes...

I also notice that my experience seems to be the opposite of some others on the forum - ie I have found v3.3.3 (with UK modem code) to be very stable on my 21CN line whereas others have had problems.

There is speculation that it may depend on what chipset is in both the customer end modem and the modem at the exchange end (some combinations being better than others), but that's probably a bit beyond the scope of this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• simonicemans
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2010 16:59 #8 by simonicemans
Oh dear.

Just had the 'official' reply from Draytek technical support.

When I asked about the modem code the operative replies :

"The modem code will make no difference."

Then in the very next sentence goes on to say :

"You may see a lower sync rate." !!

And finishes by saying that version 3.3.4 isn't available with UK modem code.

Also there is no release note with the firmware but he reckoned that it fixed the object creation bug, some memory leaks, support for GlobeView web filtering (which I know will interest some here who were asking), MOTP support for VPN and a few other stability issues.

• simonicemans
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2010 17:33 #9 by simonicemans
After a slight rant, I've now been sent yet another firmware - 3.3.4-RC5 with UK modem firmware.

In the interest of science I put 3.3.4-RC4 on briefly and it did indeed sync a bit lower.

I'm now running RC5, so we'll see how it goes over the weekend.

More
27 Mar 2010 16:06 #10 by steveo888
Replied by steveo888 on topic ip objects
I was getting the same error trying to setup more ip objects, I tried using Fiefox portable and the error does not happen, I read somewhere it was to do with java?

More
27 Mar 2010 20:56 #11 by timmann999
Replied by timmann999 on topic 2820 Object creation bug.
Please see the thread above, about ip address not sticking. It does seem to be a general Java fault. Try setting it up from FF or Chrome and see if that helps, it certainly did for the other issue.

More
30 Mar 2010 00:25 #12 by jswift909
Replied by jswift909 on topic 2820 Object creation bug.
FF 3.6, on Win 7 (64bit). Just tested for object creation bug and this combo works. Previously I had the problem with IE8 and Opera 10.51. With Firefox 3.6.2 it appears to be working fine. :D

Moderators: Sami