DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to get Sky Fibre working with 2850 guide

• karkan
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2014 11:58 #7 by karkan
No worries, I am glad you got it up and running and could following my guide, nothing more annoying than spending lots of money on something you cannot use.

Thanks for the heads up on the 3.6.6 firmware, i tried another version which didn't work so i will have to try this version now and see how I go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 22:28 #8 by garethmorgan2007
Replied by garethmorgan2007 on topic Re: How to get Sky Fibre working with 2850 guide
Where is the firmware and serial number found? looking at the guide I can only see the mac/password..... Thanks

More
30 Jan 2014 07:49 #9 by gatecrasher3
Replied by gatecrasher3 on topic Re: How to get Sky Fibre working with 2850 guide
Use Wireshark to get the model info for option 60.

Guide here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvmn3xI77Os

More
30 Jan 2014 12:25 #10 by gatecrasher3
Replied by gatecrasher3 on topic Re: How to get Sky Fibre working with 2850 guide
I seem to be having issues with DHCP lease not renewing and as a result I lose access on the hour every hour for a few moments while I am assigned a new IP address. Has anyone else experienced this and if so did you find a workaround?

More
17 Feb 2014 21:35 #11 by bookeyuk
Hi all,

I have a 2760 and I cannot add the DHCP options via the CLI, the commands listed in this thread don't work...
I get 'showtime' as the VDSL status but always 'connecting' in the other status page.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2014 23:53 #12 by babis3g

bookeyuk wrote: Hi all,

I have a 2760 and I cannot add the DHCP options via the CLI, the commands listed in this thread don't work...
I get 'showtime' as the VDSL status but always 'connecting' in the other status page.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

The 2760 has different CLI commands from the 2850 (sorry don't know them i am not sky user)
see the threads below if will help you or reply there (is a 2760 thread) but also you may need upgrade your firmware with 1.2.0.1 and the *RST* file ... then set it up ... then reboot the modem when you think all done
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19037&p=78929&hilit=2760+with+sky#p78895
I don't have sky but check at Network > LAN > Ethernet>ipv4 options>advanced settings>dhcp option & add the string
also at Network > WAN > DSL don't forget to add VLAN