DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WOL over internet broken(?) on 2960 (again?)

More
16 Jun 2015 11:01 #7 by c128
Week-on bump:

Can anyone confirm/deny for me that externally sent WOL packets make it onto their network via a 2860 (or similar) Draytek router?

I've since been testing with making requests from a machine at work and from an Amazon EC2 instance (ruling out Android app oddities) - no WOL packets get through. It only works when the sending client has an IP on the LAN.
As below, everything seems to be set-up as detailed in the Draytek guides - tried different ports, telnet settings etc.
My open ports/redirections work fine, but WOL packets just never make it through.

I have a support request open with Draytek, but I've had no response from their side (since their initial reply) for nearly 2 weeks now...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2015 11:09 #8 by voodle
Regarding the 2860, have you tried the "wol fromWan any" or "wol fromWan on" settings to see if they help? I think the 2860 won't pass WoL packets unless that's enabled.

More
10 Nov 2015 10:43 #9 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: WOL over internet broken(?) on 2860 (again?)
As this is not something I use often these days I've just discovered that WOL no longer seems to be working on my 2860n+ - it used to work fine several firmwares ago (I'm now on 3.8.1_VT2), when I would receive a "Command sent to client" response. But now I get nothing, from either inside or outside the LAN. Apart from the firmware nothing else has changed afaik.

I've tried the telnet commands wol fromWan any and on but they have no effect. Telnet wol up IP address returns the "Send command to client" message but the client doesn't wake.

Any ideas anyone?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
10 Nov 2015 14:01 #10 by mbames
What "client" machine are you trying wake? WoL no longer works for win10 based machines, but I have no issues with waking my up my NASs with it from my 2925.

More
10 Nov 2015 16:13 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: WOL over internet broken(?) on 2960 (again?)
Trying to wake two Windows 10 machines (one upgraded from 7 and one from 8.1) and a Windows Home Server 2011 - any ideas why it doesn't work on Windows 10?

• alanplum241276
  • User
  • User
More
11 Nov 2015 21:58 #12 by alanplum241276
Replied by alanplum241276 on topic Re: WOL over internet broken(?) on 2960 (again?)
I wouldn't blame draytek for that one. See here....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6adca4eb-3b9e-4b26-a362-b6fa090ee318/still-unable-to-get-wake-on-lan-working?forum=win10itprohardware