DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 3.7.8.3

More
16 Jul 2015 20:34 #7 by adriandaz
Replied by adriandaz on topic Re: 2860 3.7.8.3
Which USB port are you using? Also are you using PPP or DHCP mode for the dongle?

cheers,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• octoinkjet
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jul 2015 10:18 #8 by octoinkjet
Replied by octoinkjet on topic Re: 2860 3.7.8.3

adriandaz wrote: Which USB port are you using? Also are you using PPP or DHCP mode for the dongle?

Things have changed a bit since I last posted... I now have two E382 dongles that have been unlocked.

Both can use PPP mode which connects just fine... My problems come with maintaining the connection as well as the router detecting when the connection has fallen over.

ARP detect is the only option as Ping Detect is broken and causes the router to constantly reboot. This frequently doesn't work as the dongles seem to need physical disconnection to get them to reboot and while Ping detect would identify the lost connection its loss means the router just sits there with dongles in a loop that never resolves.

I've yet to switch to DHCP mode on these modems and instead I'm testing with one as primary and the other as backup to see if that stabilises things better. So far that does seem to improve things as the load balancing system assumes you get a consistent speed on all your connections which 4G blatantly does not provide.

• brickcounter67
  • User
  • User
More
11 Aug 2015 17:31 #9 by brickcounter67
Replied by brickcounter67 on topic Re: 2860 3.7.8.3
I have the same scenario using 3.7.8.3 firmware . One or two O2 X230D dongles cause the router to constantly reboot. I have tried both the vector2 and non vectored firmware.