DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2960 and Firmware 1.1

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2015 21:05 #1 by dgarratt
2960 and Firmware 1.1 was created by dgarratt
I'm not a networking guru so I probably can't explain in elegant terms what's the problem with the latest 1.1 firmware but I had a lot of problems after installing it. I was previously using 1.0.9.1 without issue and I've just had to revert back to it. The most noticeable problem was that the port forwarding for my ftp server stopped working. The ftp client on the outside (wan) would say it had made a connection but would then timeout waiting for the welcome message. I tried a full factory reset and manually re-configured with the new firmware but the same issue prevailed. I enabled and disabled upng and yet nothing worked. I also got some weird results from the shields up firewall website which also reported a lot of ports as closed rather than stealthed.

At this point I should say that neither version of firmware seems to be able to restore a configuration backup - even one taken a few moments prior.

I have now reverted back to 1.0.9.1 which took 2 attempts and keyed all the settings in again. Now it's working as before.

I'm not overly keen to re-test as it's a lot of work re-keying the settings.

Just be warned.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2015 21:43 #2 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 2960 and Firmware 1.1
Yes port forwarding and upnp is broken on the latets version. I emailed draytek tech support only to be told that nobody else has reported any issues and to recreate the rules. They have failed somewhat predictably to respond that re-creating the rules doesn't work and I've gone back to the last version.
I suggest you email their tech support saying your the 2nd user reporting upnp and port forwarding issues.
I didn't have issues rolling back at all though and the rules I had remained in place.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2015 10:04 #3 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: 2960 and Firmware 1.1
I have emailed them and put in a link to this forum message.

More
20 Jul 2015 20:41 #4 by the pit
Got an email back from them today. is your issue resolved. No I'm still waiting for a reply to my last email.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jul 2015 21:09 #5 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: 2960 and Firmware 1.1
I have had a reply with a link to a new version to test but I need to determine why I'm having issues with configure backup and restore before trying it.

More
23 Jul 2015 19:46 #6 by the pit
Don't bother the kind guys sent me the beta and it didn't fix the issue. No issues rolling backwards to 1.0.9.1. Draytek have told me to keep using the older version for now.
Funny how they managed to completely borked it this time. When first released the 2960 for beta testing at least you could access your camera's using upnp via vpn so simulating another network so you knew people could access them. In this version zippo.
Got to be something in the firewall.