DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n+ and Vigor 130

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jul 2015 11:48 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2860n+ and Vigor 130
Aha - tried the .rst file and now I can see "Remote vdsl information from WAN2" in the Online Status page - so progress at last. Disappointing that it doesn't show up in the Dashboard or DSL Status pages though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jul 2015 14:50 #8 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2860n+ and Vigor 130

Piste Basher wrote: Aha - tried the .rst file and now I can see "Remote vdsl information from WAN2" in the Online Status page - so progress at last. Disappointing that it doesn't show up in the Dashboard or DSL Status pages though.

The firmware is seriously flawed and they know it.

I had more problems with disconnections and tried reflashing the firmware ........ result , the dropped UDP packets flooding the log again.

I raised a ticket and worked with Craig, he did say there is an option to turn those packets on and off but not what or where it was. We tried going back to the original firmware as supplied, that made the pings jump from 8ms to 18 ms but the packets continued to flood the Asus log.

I tried turning off the DHCP server, that killed all logging on the Asus, tried to turn the server back on, it fails, now can't telnet or enter GUI on Vigor.

Had to factory reset again to gain access, was able to set system time correctly and found the packets dropped and logged by Asus had stopped.

This morning reflashed with the latest .all firmware file, pings dropped back to 8ms, no packets reported to Asus, BUT system time is reset to year 2000 and the settings are not available in the GUI ......... :?

The firmware upgrade took far too long and from confirming restart the modem took 15 minutes to fully restart and then the line negotiation failed.

Had to power cycle the modem to reconnect.

If this thing goes wrong again it will go in the bin. The BT supplied ECI modem hasn't missed a beat in 18 months, should have bought a spare and done the hardware hack for stats.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2015 06:18 #9 by adrianh54
Well, that is enough for me. The Viigor dropped my connection again 4 times in a space of 5 hours, it simply hangs up and stops working.

It then struggles to reconnect, all this causes BT's DLM to kick in and plays havoc with the line profile.

This modem is useless it is completely unfit for purpose. I have found 3 other people that have had major issues with this modem and they have been unable to resolve them.

This is now a very expensive paperweight. I could have bought 2 unlocked ECI units on EBay for less than the cost of this thing..

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jul 2015 09:12 #10 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2860n+ and Vigor 130
Sorry to hear that :( Although the absence of full dsl stats from the router GUI is a disappointment I appear to be getting the fastest speeds I've ever had on this line with the 130 in place, although as it also appears that G.INP has just been enabled on the download side that might just be a coincidence. It does appear to be dropping the connection once a night for reasons unknown although it doesn't hang as you describe, and the 2860 had started doing that just before I switched the connection to the 130 so again I don't know if this is down to Draytek or OR. Frustrating.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2015 09:38 #11 by adrianh54
The line drop is definitely the Draytek. Had the ECI running for first 6+ months of VDSL connected to a Billion7800N, never once had a drop/disconnect.

Changed to a FritzBox which was very fast, never had a drop in 8 months. Sadly that unit died and the supplier offered a long wait for repair/replacement or a credit towards a different router.

Took the Asus and added the Draytek, had constant issues and disconnects ever since the Vigor was connected, it can't stay connected for more than 2 hours.