DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac load balancing doesn't really work

More
05 Sep 2015 11:09 #7 by applecom
Replied by applecom on topic Re: 2860ac load balancing doesn't really work
sorry to jump in but could someone please advise me on load ballance

still use a old 2820 changed from ADSL to sky fiber , so simply used the sky router to feed the WAN socket on the 2820 thus keeping all my setting and port forwards ect all worked fine.

we have now moved to a place where my only option a a 2mb old copper ADSL connection, i have a 4g router and with a external aerial can get good 4g speeds, my question is can i ( i have a spair 2820) can i set this up with a 3g4g dongle and send this to my existing adsl 2820 router and use both connections to gain more speed?

i am probley going to get a 2860 in the hope VDSL will be here one day, but this will also give me more choise on 4g dongles to use and still do the same send the 4g to the existing 2820, or just use the 2860 as my adsl conection with a 4g dongle to boost my speed

have i got this correct, any inbound connections would come in on my IP ( no-ip.com account) at 2mb to view my network cameras, but any outbout useage, downloading, brousing, sky boxes ect would use both connections

thanks for any addvice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chad5k1
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2015 10:34 #8 by chad5k1
Replied by chad5k1 on topic Re: 2860ac load balancing doesn't really work
What you have described is basically exactly what I have.
I have 2mb ADSL and 4G. I've only had it in place for a short time and I've not got it working as perfectly as I'd like, but it does basically work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.