Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps

• siriuo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jul 2015 11:10 #1 by siriuo
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Draytek 2860n+ router to use with my Virgin Media broadband.

I however am experiencing some strange issues with speed and after several Virgin Media engineers it appears the issue is with the Draytek.

With the VM Superhub 2 in router mode and a laptop connected directly to the SH I am receiving near enough the full 152 Mbps however when setting the SH in modem mode and the Draytek connected into WAN 2 the speeds drop to between 10 Mbps and 60 Mbps.

I have tried disabling all other WAN ports, disabled all firewall rules and disabled Hardware acceleration.

Are there any other suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advanced.

Siriuo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2015 16:33 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
That's a weird one, I've only used a superhub v1 so I'm not sure why you'd see that kind of problem with modem mode but I think it might be an ethernet compatibility problem? Try setting the WAN2 port speed to 100mbps full duplex to see if that increases the speed (even though it would limit it, just to test). Or try a switch inbetween to see if that helps.
Also make sure that laptop is using a wired connection, I think you have, but just to be sure :)
Hardware acceleration should help overall for throughput.

More
29 Jul 2015 19:15 #3 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
also check that if you're using wired the port to your laptop is also connecting at the right speed and in full duplex and not just the wan port.

• siriuo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Aug 2015 20:16 #4 by siriuo
Replied by siriuo on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
Hi All,

Following further tests I have set the wan 2 port speed to 100mbps and the results are still the same speeds. I have checked with a switch in between with no improvement and everything is running in full duplex.

Are there any other suggestions or could there be a firmware bug somewhere?

More
05 Aug 2015 11:24 #5 by cifer
Replied by cifer on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
Have you tried leaving the SH in router mode and setting Wan2 to DHCP then testing? this i know works on a few connections i have setup, modem mode on the SH's is very hit and miss

• siriuo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2015 11:33 #6 by siriuo
Replied by siriuo on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
Hi Cifer,

Yes I tried this yesterday actually this didn't improve the speeds they still hover at around 40-60 mbps and even drop as low as 2 mbps.