DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps

More
05 Aug 2015 11:46 #7 by cifer
Replied by cifer on topic Re: Draytek 2860n+ & Virgin Media 152 Mbps
ok, im guessing you has done a .RST file on the router, if not do this and test again with just a basic config, if this still doesnt resolve it then its possibly a firmware issue (tried a previous version?) or a faulty unit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moof
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2016 10:42 #8 by moof
sorry to dig this one up, but I'm suffering similar oddities lately....and why I've come to the Draytek forums

I have the VIVID 200 service, my SH2 is in modem mode, and I'm connected to the WAN2 port. Had been on the 152 circuit for ages and all was fine with speedtest.net results.

When I first upgraded I got >200Mbps results from speedtest.net, but then I upgraded to the latest Firmware 3.8.2 and the speed results dropped to <150 consistently.

I say speed results, and not speed, as the circuit feels VERY fast and other speed test sites where still showing >200Mbs

I tried vector and non vector versions of the firmware with no difference.

Yesterday I got my router in a pickle and was forced to perform a full factory reset and TFTP upload of 3.7.4.2 (as it was all I had to hand)

not only am I back online... but my speedtest.net results are back in the >200s again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.