2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Aug 2015 17:37 #1 by johntankard
Hi Guys,

Got a new 2860 and using on my PlusNet Fibre service, since installing I am getting disconnected every day at 3 - 5am. This has now enabled interleaving on downstream and upstream although today I noticed upstream has changed to fastpath. When I have used the BTOR modem I don't have any problems and fastpath is enabled for both upstream and downstream and also can maintain connection for 60-70 days at a time.

I know I can use the BTOR modem and use with the Draytek but I would like to use one box, has anyone found a stable firmware for VDSL and uptime. I am currently using firmware 3.7.8.3 and have tried the default modem code and currently trying 573807_571701 but so far both still disconnecting.

One thing I don't know how to check is if the modem is loosing sync or is keeping sync but dropping the PlusNet PPPOE connection for whatever reason.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2015 20:53 #2 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
Hey John,

I changed to a DrayTek on Friday with BT Infinity and since then, like you, my connection has dropped every morning. As a result, I've gone back to the Openreach Modem for the connection. So I'm interested in a 'fix' aswell.

One quick question, how can you tell you're on Fastpath with the Openreach modem?

Thanks.

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2015 21:17 #3 by johntankard
Replied by johntankard on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
I've got an update - I have been trying different modem codes under firmware 3.7.8.3 - yesterday I tried modem code 548006_A/B/C and touch wood, so far so good - 23Hrs and counting, I couldn't get above 13/14 hours using the other modem codes. Hope this helps WannabeMKII - not sure on checking fastpath with the BTOR modem as I know they are locked down, I think one type can be easily unlocked whilst the ECI type BTOR modems are a lot harder from what Ive read.

If this modem code works well for me Ill be staying with the Draytek as I like having one box solutions if possible.

This is the firmware download that has helped me so far on Fibre with PlusNet = v2860_3783_nonvector

John

More
05 Aug 2015 21:24 #4 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
I tried that firmware, but dropped it, as my sync speed was down to about 62MB from 74MB. So I've not kept it on overnight. Vector and Vector2 keep my sync speed in the low 70's.

Assume your sync speed is unaffected?

I've read that about the BTOR modem, just didn't know if I'd missed it somewhere without unlocking.

I'm having other issues with my DrayTek aswell, posted here , so we'll see...

But keep us posted!

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Aug 2015 21:30 #5 by johntankard
Replied by johntankard on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
Before I had this firmware on every other one I tried was hammering my sync. At one point Interleaving was enabled on downstream and upstream and the upstream interleaving depth was at 875!!! Got rid of that fairly quick.

On the current one fastpath has been restored to both upstream and downstream and sync is holding, will see how it goes over tonight and into the morning.

John

More
18 Aug 2015 18:28 #6 by wannabemkii

johntankard wrote: On the current one fastpath has been restored to both upstream and downstream and sync is holding, will see how it goes over tonight and into the morning

How are things going John?