Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2015 18:32 #7 by johntankard
Replied by johntankard on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
Hi WannabeMKII,

I had no option but to revert back to the BTOR modem on WAN2. I tried all the modem codes and they were all the same, my speed kept dropping = the longest the modem held for was 4 days... The BTOR modem has held constant since I put it back in the link. My speeds were restored after three days on the BTOR modem and a reboot of the PPPOE connection.

John

Note: I am disappointed as I was really trying to get a one box solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2015 18:38 #8 by wannabemkii
Replied by wannabemkii on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
Thanks for the update John.

I'm with you on that, it's very frustrating.

My speeds were slightly slower, but my biggest issue was the drop of connection every morning in the early hours and then the even more frustrating issue of pages not loading and timing out. All resolved by going back to the BTOR modem.

I ran on WAN2 for a while, but there was no point, as I ended up with a 3 box solution, which was worse than the two I have now, or the 1 I was looking for with the DrayTek...

I'm hoping there's a new firmware released soon, or at least some sort of update / acknowledgement...

• marjohn56
  • User
  • User
More
27 Aug 2015 08:56 #9 by marjohn56
There appears to be a serious issue with not only the 2860 but any other modem that is not running the Broadcom chipset on Broadcom DSLAMs. There is also an issue with G.INP rollout on non Broadcom DSLAMs, AFAIAA OR have stopped the rollout of G.INP on ECI cabs at present while a solution is found.

I had to bite the bullet and get a Broadcom based modem/router as I was having a lot of problems losing sync when it rained, I could watch the SNR fall away then lose sync, re-sync and then the cycle would start again until it stopped raining; yes, it sounds like a line fault but the OR modem was fine. It appears that unless you live within spitting distance of the cabinet you are going to have issues.

I now have a D7000, which is solid and doesn't flinch when it rains, in fact it's quite boring in the fact that its so stable...

My 2860 is now gathering dust on the shelf, I miss many things that the 2860 had that I do not have with the D7000, but at least I have a stable connection.

I will hold onto it in the hope that Draytek can finally fix the issue, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Sad...

• johntankard
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Oct 2015 14:18 #10 by johntankard
Replied by johntankard on topic Re: 2860 best modem code for [IFTN] Vendor on Fibre
UPDATE:

Well I don't know what Draytek have done but the new firmware seems stable for VDSL on WAN1 on a 2860 using firmware version 3.8.1_VT2 and DSL version 574307_A/B/C HW: A.

So far i'm at 3 days and counting, there has been good weather, rain and cold and ''touch wood'' so far it's held stable - I hope this is a good sign, can finally retire the BTOR modem on WAN2. The longest I held a connection before this new firmware was under 24hrs then it would loose sync.

Just thought I'd let you all know that for me at least the new dsl firmware is working.

John.