2925 and random reboots

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2015 14:46 #19 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: 2925 and random reboots
Wow, that is interesting, UK support seem to have given up on me (last email they sent me was 08-Sept-2015, so that doesn't say much for their customer service).

As the 2925 doesn't have any modems in it, I doubt the firmware from Aus would cause any issues in the UK?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zuldan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
15 Sep 2015 21:57 #20 by zuldan
Replied by zuldan on topic Re: 2925 and random reboots
I installed the firmware on both routers. They've both been up for 10 hours now, no reboots so time will tell. No issues with wifi, vlan config or VPN connections I have. Wifi appears to be a bit faster too. There is a new topology view on the dashboard you can change to in this version. It seems like it's going to be a very nice firmware release (v3.8.2). The beta firmware says v3.8.2_RC5b which I'm guessing means release candidate 5. It's getting close to final or it will become the final.

mbamas you are correct, because it's just a broadband router and not a xDSL router, only 1 firmware is used for the world. You can confirm this by going to their global ftp site, ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2925/Firmware/v3.8.0.1/, you will see there is only 1 firmware.

• zuldan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
16 Sep 2015 09:50 #21 by zuldan
Both routers have an uptime of 22 hours. No reboots!

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2015 13:39 #22 by mbames
Excellent news.... think I'll wait for the RC to be released properly just incase they have introduced some other issues. In the meantime my AP700 is getting a workout.

• zuldan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
17 Sep 2015 22:12 #23 by zuldan
58 hours and they still haven't rebooted. I'm really impressed with this firmware version. I use almost every single feature and I cannot find a single bug. In fact my VPN connections are super stable as opposed to any previous firmware where they would drop out every now and again. I can't wait for the final to be released so that others start using it.

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Sep 2015 14:54 #24 by mbames

Zuldan wrote: Support has come back with a brand new beta firmware for the 2925 to try.
http://www.i-lan.net.au/downloads/Vigor2925/Firmware/beta/Beta-Sep-2015/v2925_RC5b.zip

UK support have just come back to me, and suggested I try a slight older beta version of the firmware

http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/files/v2925_382RC4_r50794.zip