Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cant Open ports on 2920N with 120 Modem

• nigelmcl
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2015 17:08 #1 by nigelmcl
Cant Open ports on 2920N with 120 Modem was created by nigelmcl
Hi,
I'm drinving myself potty with this and looking for help from some clever chaps.

I have a 2920 connecting via a 120 modem, I cant get any of the ports to open. The 2920 setup shows the ports as open but they do not allow connection from the web. Is there anything I need to setup in the 120 modem? I have read somewhere it may be a bridging issue? I'm nota whizzer with this stuff but don't think I'm too thick either so hopefully with your help and patience I will get a result.

Thanks in anticipation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
08 Sep 2015 22:38 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Cant Open ports on 2920N with 120 Modem
Might be worth a screen shot of the 2920 ports page.... I had a very similar configuration, using a 2920 and a HG612 as a VDLS modem.

I assume the 2920 is passing all the authentication details to the 120?

More
09 Sep 2015 18:08 #3 by admin
If it's a proper UK spec v120 the. You don't need to set anything g on it...it will bridge and pass everything so it's the router.

Forum Administrator

• nigelmcl
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2015 14:52 #4 by nigelmcl
Replied by nigelmcl on topic Re: Cant Open ports on 2920N with 120 Modem
Thanks for your info so far. Yes the Modem is a UK version, since last post I have changed the "System Maintenance >> Management" page to tick allow management from internet and untick disable ping. I can now ping the router from the web and it shows the standard ports as open (those listed in the management Page) but it wont open my user defined port of 8080. Can't see how to add screenshots to this forum page. Does it prove that the modem is bridging and passing everything by the fact that I can see the default ports being open in management setup?

• nigelmcl
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2015 15:00 #5 by nigelmcl
Replied by nigelmcl on topic Re: Cant Open ports on 2920N with 120 Modem
Also. When I enter my internet IP from an external connection it opens the login panel for my Router

More
10 Sep 2015 15:35 #6 by admin
Yes, it seems that the V120 is working fine... Is 8080 directed to 80 internally, or 8080 again?

Forum Administrator