DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor 130

• castodius
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2015 12:47 #7 by castodius
Replied by castodius on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 130
Thank you for spending the time to help me it much appreciated :)
I live in the Channel Islands and our ISP provider is Sure in Guernsey (not sure if this is at all relevant but just thought I would add it)
The TP-link router quick setup asks for connection type during setup and this is where i selected PPPOE and entered my ISP details (username and password).
You recommended connecting my pc directly to the modem to check if all is ok setting up a new PPPOE connection? Do i set this up through the modem? I will attempt this tonight as I am on a short lunch break currently.
I understand I connect my PC via and RJ45 cable to the WAN/Internet port on the modem instead of the router but its the setting up a new PPPOE connection I am unsure with.
Thank you again for spending the time to help fix my problem :)
Regards,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 13:28 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 130
Hi Dave,

Connect your PC directly to the LAN Ethernet port on the 130 (I'm guessing that you must have done this to get the screenshot above anyway). Check that all is well with that by going to 192.168.2.1 where you should get the login page for the 130. Note that other websites will not work at this stage.
Then, on a Windows PC, go to Network and Sharing centre and then Set up a New Connection or Network

Go to Create a new connection then Broadband PPPoE connection where you should be asked to enter your ISP username and password. On Windows 10 that's it - I'm typing this now on exactly that setup to prove to myself it works. I can't guide you on other systems but it should be similar.

• castodius
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2015 17:38 #9 by castodius
Hello again thank you for the explanation,
I have done exactly as you told me in windows 10 and the username and password are 100% correct (I even phoned my ISP to make sure) and the it won't connect.
I get a message saying: Connection failed with error 651. The modem (or other connecting device) has reported a problem.

Any ideas as to what may be going on?
Thank you again,
Dave

More
17 Dec 2015 19:18 #10 by piste basher
It seems to be a problem with the network connection - maybe this
http://www.geeksgyaan.com/2015/04/fix-error-651.html
will help?

• castodius
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2015 01:05 #11 by castodius
Hey again,
I tried the steps in the link but still a no go :( I will try give Draytek support a call tomorrow and perhaps see if they can shine a light on it.
Thank you again :)
Dave

More
18 Dec 2015 09:02 #12 by piste basher
I'm afraid that I've run out of ideas - good luck with support, I've found them helpful in the past.